1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 GSXR 600 MR full system down to 96db?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Repeater, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Hey fellas,

So I have a 2011 GSXR 600 that I would like to ride at AMP in Phoenix. It has a 96 db limit. I have an M4 full system. M4 states it will be 100db at 7k. Oy Vey! So the bike came with a couple of crashed but usable cans. What could I shove into them to make it 96db. I see no baffles from end to end just a pipe. I have two cans to play with. Reducing power is not that much of a concern as long as it doesn't hurt the bike.

The two cans have crash damage that I can pound out and rivet, but would cloth and packing the whole can with steal wool do it?

Thanks,

Fellas!

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I had to battle the sound nazis at NCM recently on my RSV4 with a Racefit ti/carbon exhaust.

DB Killer didn't help. I then wrapped high density muffler packing around the db killer. I don't know if it helped or not....from then on, i just tried to avoid the sound gun by rolling off the throttle and staying as far away as possible from the guy working the gun.

https://www.amazon.com/Helix-Racing-Products-Muffler-160-1112/dp/B000ONZXLY

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

repack muffler and restrict the exit as much as possible. If there is a fixed sound check point... divert can exit the opposite way

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

An SV racer fought a similar issue at a track in British Columbia, and he put a little baffle over the exhaust outlet. I can't remember the exact dB number, but it was a significant drop in dB. His theory was that putting something across the outlet broke up the sound waves. I remember the baffle he installed looked a lot like the screens that are on MotoGP bikes. It wasn't much, just enough to disturb and disperse the sound waves.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Use a washer at the outlet.

TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Another trick if you can, turn the muffler over so the opening points up, helps send the sound away from the gun.

TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  7. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Thanks fellas! Got a PM to go to a local shop. Like I said I have a couple cans to play with to make one. I guess I could string them together :)