1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 gsxr 600 armour body fitment

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jdwilliamson33, May 8, 2018.

1. jdwilliamson33

jdwilliamson33 Well-Known Member

So I cant get my bodywork to fit on my 2011 gsxr track bike. Do you guys take off the stock catalytic converter????? If so What do you put in its place to reach the slipon??

2. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Just a guess but isn’t a lot of bodywork designed assuming you have it already deleted? Gotta figure %95 of track bikes don’t have any.

3. jdwilliamson33

I am not sure. I can get it to fit under the cat but I cant bolt it to the upper.
    So...... I guess the question is how or what is the best way to delete it???

4. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

Some people use the 06-07 gsxr600/750 header, some people use an MJS link pipe on the stock header, but most people buy a full exhaust system that removes the cat.

Even if the bodywork would fit around the cat, that sucker gets really hot and could damage your bodywork.

The "best" way is to get a bitchin' new full system, preferably made of titanium because racebike.

mike-guy and metricdevilmoto like this.
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

That.

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Buy some reflective heat tape and line the belly pan....or make sure when fitting it the upper isnt way up and pulls the belly pan up and touches the headers.. LOLOL

7. Brian Riemland

Brian Riemland Active Member

8. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

9. jdwilliamson33

True but 40$ cheaper

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I use an 06/07 header on my '12 600 with 06/07 slipon (arrow)

bodywork gsxr 2.JPG

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes CAT needs to go.... I have seen bodywork catch fire with those things...