1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 GSX-R600 EMPro Instruction Manual and I/F Cable

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Am606, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Am606

Am606 Member

Hoping someone here can help. Looking for a PDF manual for EMPRO ver 2.1.0.0 software. I had Yoshimura send me a serial # and link to download the software, that's all good and running, just need to know some how to's.

I bought a PARTS CANADA Pro bike built by Z1 Cycletech (out of business) with no cable. So I need to find one of these too.

What I'm looking to figure out right now is how to set the idle, can the odometer/speedo be turned off (mine isn't working) in the Yosh EMPro ECU, and what switches controls the maps, and pit lane limiter speed. Was told the hazard switch changes the maps and indicator cancel controls the pit lane limiter.

The bike has the EMPro ECU, Yosh kit wiring harness and blind kits installed. Thanks

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Let's see if I can help here...

Idle control does not exist in that ECU. You can do it mechanically on the throttle bodies.
    Odo/spedo cannot be turned on or off, controlled by countershaft speed sensor, I believe. The Hall effect wheel is often left off racebikes.
    Maps is hazard switch
    Pit lane is turn signal
    Shifter should be to kickstand switch. Can be Yosh paddle or Dynojet push/pull switch
    Pit lane speed is by gear, in ECU spreadsheets

Cable is another story. Very hard to find, even when they were commercially available - they came with the kit, not sold separately. Two kinds - serial and USB-A. USB-A requires SiLabs drivers. I don't even know if these are windows 10 compatible anymore. Easiest is to use serial (DB9), but your PC would need to communicate with that and modern laptops (except Toughbooks, industrial machines) do not have that port. You would need a conversion device.

I have the PDF from an 06, first one I found, newer is somewhere, but this will be the same for your ECU. PM me here with an email and I'll send it.

3. Am606

Am606 Member

Thanks so much for your help Rick, appreciate the response and years of support in this forum.

I got the idle control being manual, as its still a cable operated throttle body.
    I think my speed sensor is the issue just need a 10k resistor to test it properly, will update in a few days when I'm back in town to finish the test. The Hall effect wheel was installed.
    Hazzard switch leaves the indicators on but I need to confirm the feel of the ride after I can ride it again. (in the spring)
    Pit lane limiter has been disabled (as per the previous owner - he had a shop disable it) so I'll need a cable to give it a try. Is it the turn signal cancel button than enables/disables the feature?
    And I see the values for pit lane limiter in EMPro s/w to limit RPM up to 4th gear so that makes sense.

Are you saying I can connect my quickshift switch to the kickstand switch? The bike came with the shifter that was connected to a PCV (and PCV secondary fuel module) but I had to take it out when the bike wouldn't start with it (long story)

PM sent.

4. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

I worked on that team in 2011 and helped build and maintain those bikes. I'm quite certain we had the QS running off the main harness on both the A bike and the B bike, but they've likely changed hands several times since I saw them 11 years ago. I do recommend changing it back to the original set up. Easiest way is to find an old 2011+ side stand harness and solder in that connector to the Dynojet sensor. I should have all the manuals of that generation. Where are you located.

5. Am606

Am606 Member

Thanks for the reply Doubleapex. I'm located in Oakville Ontario. Not far from you.

The bike was only in 2 hands from day 1. Originally Alex Welsh's bike then went to an amateur guy Nicholas Hurley who didn't change anything on the bike (other than the front master) the whole time he had it.

Would love to chat with you about it if you remember much about it from 11 years ago.

6. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

Ah, so you have the "A" bike. Then someone definitely changed the QS set up on that bike, I installed the QS sensor onto the kit harness myself. That bike was absolutely gorgeous when it went to Nicholas..........

7. Am606

Am606 Member

Ya it was the A bike. I attached the original listing Nicholas kept when he bought the bike.

PM sent

Attached Files:

8. Glenn Barry

Glenn Barry New Member

The missing I/F cable seems to be a common issue with the EM Pro ECU

I posted a solution here - I have Software <-> connectivity working
    https://www.gixxer.com/threads/yoshimura-em-pro.849201/

If anyone has a copy of the 1.0.50 software and a user manual I'd love a copy