1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011-2017 Suzuki GSX-R600/750 Geometry Settings

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TT2013, Jul 25, 2017.

1. TT2013

TT2013 Well-Known Member

Hello. I have a 2013 Suzuki GSX-R750 with stock suspension front and rear. The front fork is flush with the top triple clamp. Front sag is 35mm and 30mm rear. Tires Pirelli Supercorsa SP V2 120/70 front and 180/60 rear. I weigh about 160 lbs without gear.

Issue: My bike doesn't want to hold a line and tends to run wide during corner exit.

I know there are a lot of factors that include rider input to cause the bike to run wide. Let's imagine that rider input is not a factor and rebound/compression is setup correctly.

Is anyone running the stock suspension that had same issue and altered their geometry (dropping front end, shimming rear, or both) or using different sag numbers?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Start by taking some preload out of the front.

3. TT2013

TT2013 Well-Known Member

I could really use the forum's help on my problem.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm not running that specific bike or stock suspension, but when I had the issue of running wide and not being able to hold the line on corner exit it was because the rear needed more anti-squat to keep it from collapsing as I got on the gas.

You mentioned that you flushed the front forks, did you also compensate for that by adding a shim to the rear shock? If you flushed the front forks and left the rear alone you would have exacerbated this problem worse than if you left the front forks alone because you've essentially flattened the rear swingarm angle further and made it more prone to squat under acceleration, which is what is pushing you wide on corner exit.

Either return the forks to stock height in the clamps, or shim up the rear to add ride height. I would go with the second option here. In fact with race tires you'll ideally want to raise the whole bike up front and rear. Most guys who run any 06 and later GSXR-600/750's have forks extenders to let you drop the forks down lower, and mate that to adding shims and extending the rear shock to match. If you don't plan on running extenders than you can only raise the front and rear a limited amount and you should keep them in balance.

[​IMG]

I don't remember the exact numbers I employed on my 06 600 but if I remember correctly this number here was 535mm, and to the rear I added a 5mm shim + 8mm on the shock's ride height adjuster. These numbers would work on 06-10, in 11-17 the geometry changed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    SpeedyE and TT2013 like this.