1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011-13 gsxr 600 wheel questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixxie750, Jan 15, 2013.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I have a 2012 gsxr 600 rear wheel and axle,but no sprocket carrier. I have 10 of the 09 sprocket carriers. I am wondering if the carriers are the same,but just the bearing size is different. Also is the wheel itself the same,but have different bearings? Why o why did suzuki finally change the wheels lol.

2. A&J Cycles

A&J Cycles Well-Known Member

what year is the rear wheel going on. the od and id of the newer wheels are much smaller than previous years!

If you want I have a white 09 one I'd trade you for the 11.:D

That is if you don't have that particular year.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. gixxie750

Its going on a 2012 750. just need to know if I could use a 06-09 sprocket carrier with maybe different bearings to work on the the 2012 wheel.

4. A&J Cycles

trying to go off memory you may but will need to use different cushions. def going to need different bearings

5. gixxie750

ok so just got the wheel. it a 09 gsxr wheel. dam ebay. now my question is can i just put different bearings in the wheel to make it work?

6. A&J Cycles

That maybe a issue cause of the size of bearing im sure someone could get you close though, I had to do it one year on a cust for a zx model, not sure what the conversion was.... maybe 600 to 1000. either i get it to work for him.