1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Schedule is up.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Smalls, Nov 17, 2009.

1. :stupid:

We can all sit and nit pick because the schedule didn't fit us personally, but at the end of the day we could not be racing anywhere.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I would assume it will be like last year with the two events back to back. I can see why the track would want it that way because they set up all the bike stuff just once, and three events are covered (AMA race the next weekend).

Last year the vintage schedule was practice on Friday, and a double race schedule on Saturday and Sunday. The RRGC schedule was a practice day on Friday, Saturday was morning practice with afternoon qualifying (10 minute sessions for each class - a lot of fun actually) and then Sunday AM practice, and races Sunday afternoon. Put that schedule on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and there you go. Might get a few pro guys showing up for early practice. They could race for contingency but were not elegible for the AMA awards.

Its good for me because I live 45 minutes from the track! Everyone else needs to plan a week of vacation, and stay for the Pro weekend.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

You've never been to Nelson have you?......

4. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

March can't come soon enough!

5. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Oh shit...that made my day...
    i remember hearing talks of taking it off the schedule....
    I think this will bring alot more folks out.
    to 1. get in on the endurance race for practice for sundays points rounds...

Cool

6. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Well I may do an event or two with WERA next season, but unfortunately CCS is gonna get most of my money this year, due to their 4 weekends at NJMP. Not trying to stir the pot, just giving my feedback. I'd prefer to race with WERA all season but I can't turn away the convenience of riding NJMP. I understand it's the business decision that had to be made, I just hope at some point it becomes feasible. I'll probably do Beaverun in September and maybe a VIR event, but that's it...

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Thanks for everything you guys do. Like other have said with the economy how it is, and how attendance was last year I am happy to have someplace to race. (even though I don't make many rounds)

8. vonstallin

Is everyone else paying that high ass fee for NJMP? I wonder if they are making a profit or taking a Loss.

9. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

Sweet VIR and Beav

Then 4 dates at NJ, All that travel money just went to tires.

10. vonstallin

I just read the front page regarding the National Endurance Series New Rules.
    No more Super Stock or Super Bike classes.

Heavyweight (750cc to 1000cc inline 4’s)
    Middle weight (600cc inline 4’s)
    Lightweight (?)

Mechanical wise do that mean my stock 1000 will compete in the same class as a Vesrah Super Beast 1000? ( i think the answer is yes) :(

..................................................................................

BRIDGESTONE/WERA NATIONAL ENDURANCE SERIES RE-VAMP:

For 2010 WERA will have only three points/contingency paying classes: Heavyweight; Mediumweight and Lightweight.

We will also allow one-off teams to run any round for contingency only,

(Im not sure what this mean?)

no points and they can be an all Novice Team, or mixed Novice/Expert Team and they need to run in the displacement class their machine fits.

are the entry fee the same or less for these teams?

The rules will be based on current WERA Superbike and FIM Formula EWC Rules. Teams winning their class will be awarded a free entry for the following season. There will no longer be an event by event purse in 2010, only the contingency from the manufacturers participating in the series. Trophies will be awarded to top three overall and then top three in each class.

............................................................................

Vesrah Pit stops time: less than 20 seconds

[​IMG]

My pit stop Time: 6-9 minutes :)

[​IMG]

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yes you will be competing against Vesrah and the likes, if you run in HWSB.
    Otherwise you can run in the "Fun" class, whatever it might end up being named.
    Since you're a novice, that would be the best choice, and your bike is an 06, so you're limited
    with contengency.
    You should be able to fuel and change a rear tire in 3 to 4 minutes tops,
    without any quick change.
    Practice your stops every change you get,ie after you come of the track from class practice.

12. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I thought you misread the schedule, but damn you're right. Four CSS weekends at NJMP!!!! Unbelievable. Just hope they get a weekend at Thunderbolt this year to mix it up a bit.

So does this mean that CCS has way more money than WERA? :Poke:

13. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

tough call myself between who im racing with. ccs seems to have the better schedule with my shit going on but im a wera guys so who the fuack knows

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There's more behind the NJMP/CCS thing that hasn't come to light yet.

15. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

such as???

16. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

If I remember correctly, I saw Vesra do what I believe was a 12 second pit top during the GNF at Road Atlanta.....

17. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

If ccs was racing on thunderbolt, id be more inclined to run with them. But i'm not a huge fan of lightning.

18. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

+1

If they do a few dates at Tbolt it seals the deal for me.

EDIT: Just read from a CCS Official it will be 2 Lightning and 2 Thunderbolt.

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why are you guys talking about the CCS schedule on the WERA board? Just because you are pissed WERA isn't going to NJMP doesn't mean you should promote CCS on this thread about the WERA schedule.

:rolleyes:

20. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member