1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 R6 with FZ07 motor / 2017+ bodywork

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by jpwalker90, May 22, 2020.

1. jpwalker90

jpwalker90 Active Member

Here’s a few more. Not sure why some pics load sideways, not sure how to fix that.

Getting a little more motivated to sell. Accepting reasonable offers and can meet for Socal folks.

Attached Files:

2. jpwalker90

jpwalker90 Active Member

4th of July bump

3. Jb.junior

Jb.junior Well-Known Member

Totally cool

In the CMRA, it could enter the following classes:
    • Formula 2
    • Lightweight Twins
    • Formula 40 Lightweight (40+ / geriatric group)
    • Heavyweight Twins (of course outclassed here, but it's a race if you want another)
    Same as the Kramer, actually...

4. Jb.junior

Hi. Aside from it looking totally badas$, how much better does this bike run than a similarly equipped, race-ready M-07? Is the R6 chassis that much better? Just wondering if it's worth not being able to do the superstock and supersport races...

Trenton735 likes this.
  5. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I’d be interested in the answer to that question too.

6. jpwalker90

jpwalker90 Active Member

pm’d both of you

7. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

Id also be interested in the answer

8. roaring toyz

roaring toyz Well-Known Member

The FZ07 in Supersport trim with the standard air box is super choked up, the stock triples have FAR too much offset and in my opinion is a dud in the supersport class compared to the SV650 so skipping those classes and doing this is FAR better. The R6 chassis is a huge step up ALL the is just IMHO though LOL

TurboBlew, Jb.junior and jpwalker90 like this.
  9. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i wonder how that would compare to the destroked R5's in the Lightweight GP class.

10. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

More reliable for sure but those R5's ........we have guys here at LRRS that have thier R5's making more hp then a stock R6. Cool bikes but man what a cheater bike lol

11. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i'm an LRRS person too :beer:

12. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

How exactly would replacement parts work if there's only a few kits... how much of this thing is Frankenstein milled and machined

13. jpwalker90

jpwalker90 Active Member

I bought the bike with the swap already complete. The biggest replacement part hurdle would be the custom brackets to mount the motor.

This.

14. Jb.junior

Are these the R6s with a cylinder "off?" If so, some leagues don't allow them. CMRA, for example.

15. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

no its an fz07 engine with custom engine mounts to fit in the r6 frame

jpwalker90 likes this.
  16. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

someone told me about that once, I thought they were kidding about a 3 cyl. race...that can't be good for a cylinder but idk...funny

17. Jb.junior

I was referring to the "destroked R5s."

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It is a CCS thing. Lightweight GP, GTLights and LW F40 allow liquid cooled 4 cyl up to 565cc (any frame). So you can destroke an 600 and meet the rules of the class. In theory you could build a 95HP SV motor, built KTM 790 motor and put it in a lightweight custom chassis or run a Pierbon (sp?) or DB5 superbike. 250 two strokes including GP bikes are also eligible. Building an R5 from a used race bike is just cheaper because the chassis is already good.

19. Jb.junior

Awesome. Thanks for that. I love this bike. I think this is totally the way to go, as opposed to an FZ chassis. Lots of great comments here supporting this notion.

CMRA banned the 790 Duke in lightweight twins and formula 2, even though it needs the specifications for both. One of our local legends came in on a stock when I kicked everyone’s ass. So the race director banned it because it was “ Designed to be a class killer.“ Isn’t that the point? What a joke that they’re banning motorcycle progression. So we’re stuck to the same boring SV and MT we’ve had for the last 20 years or so.

jpwalker90 likes this.
  20. jpwalker90

jpwalker90 Active Member

I had a cripple triple r6 before this bike. It was actually a decent race bike. Just gutless in the higher rpms.

I will make a screaming deal on this bike for anyone interested. PM me.