1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$200K to conservatively invest... Yes real question.

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Sep 29, 2016.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Has anyone suggested classic cars yet?

I assume the question was asked to get suggestions that were less traditional. Like property, classic cars appreciate with relatively predictable consistency.

Plus they're cool, and you can drive them every so often without costing yourself any more than gas.

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

My first boss (when I was 22) was investing in self-serve car washes. The coin/card operated vacuum and spray wash places.

According to him, the biggest expense was heating the ground in the winter to keep the water from freezing and building up ice. Propane torch sounds like more fun once a week...

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

upload_2016-12-7_16-39-43.png

Attached Files:

Dragginass likes this.
  4. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

11th or 12th record close since the election? It's on a tear.

5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Admittedly, Trump changed everything and I switched out of defensive positions about 3 days after the election. Up 5% since then even with the traditional 2-3% December tax swoon.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, what did you do?

Wanna make a 200K loan on and you get a 2nd on a commercial building? 10 year amortization principle plus interest every month?

7. mm1854

mm1854 Member

Hi Sean, interested in his contact info as I need this kind of advice myself. Would be very much appreciated, but don't have your e-mail. Thanks!

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Since the thread has been resurrected... has Dustin blown all the dough on marti gras beads, protein powder, and shitpile Hondas yet?

Shenanigans and TurboBlew like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Give it to Mark151 to hide.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I hope by the tears of little baby Jesus he at least splurged on a carb assembling class....

Shenanigans, Kris87 and Newsshooter like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[email protected]

12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Hows the Dunkin Donuts stock doin?

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

R&D money spent on creating a chocolate long John with lemon filling.

Shenanigans likes this.
  14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

<Spits on screen, then types reply, then erases it>

You guys need to not bait me so well. :beer:

R Acree and Bloodhound like this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

16. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Timing and risk can yield results. I'm not wealthy and did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth but fresh out the Navy (did not retire) in 2001 and pretty much living paycheck to paycheck with two small boys, my wife I decided to buy our first house instead of renting in the good ole sunny state of Cally. Well during the housing boom, we decided to move out to an up and coming community 80 miles one way from my job to get in the hot housing market that was affordable to us. Money was tight so we did the interest-only loan to keep the payments low ($1,200) since we had plan to sell it in 2 years. Yes it was a gamble I know. Well the commute was tough and I rode my motorcycle every day to work unless it rained because lane-splitting is legal in Cally and after two years we sold the house and moved to Virginia (Chesapeake area). People that worked with me was renting "apartments" for 1,800+ and use to tell me I was crazy to live so far from the job. I made a sacrifice and took a risk in hopes to get ahead in life. After all taxes, fees, etc... was paid we netted a little over 100K in 2 years. Not bad considering I made my first 100K+ at the tender age of 30 with no real understanding of investing before that. I just had a hunch that where we wer moving would boom in approx 2 years and indeed it did. We took the gamble and it worked out. RE is defiantly something to consider if you play your cards right. Buy low sell high :)

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Like any other type of investment, you can't time the market. Timing and risk will always yield results...the results just won't always be good. You got lucky...many didn't. If you're young, you can gamble on a hunch as you have more time to make it up if it doesn't work out.