1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 zx6r race bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by sbk1198, Oct 8, 2017.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I've decided to sell my 2009 after 2 seasons of having it. I don't really want to get rid of it but I need to pay some debt that I've accumulated lately. Even though I struggled this year, last year I've ran my fastest lap times on this bike at pretty much every track I've been to in the last 2 years, out of all the bikes I've had in the last 5-6 years so in a way it's a bit special to me! [​IMG]

So I'll post this up for a while and if it doesn't sell, I will part it out slowly over the winter season. Specs and mods:

Engine has 4650 miles on it, stock, no internal work to my knowledge.
    Hotbodies race bodywork (not the best shape, but no crash damage. They have some scuffs from rubbing against stuff in the trailer, and a 20-ft paint job done by myself! [​IMG] )
    STM slipper clutch with brand new friction plates
    PCV with custom fuel map for pump gas (not sure who tuned it as it was done by previous owner)
    Dynojet QS
    Carrozzeria forged aluminum wheels
    Leo Vince full exhaust
    Vortex rearsets
    Vortex keyless gas cap
    Vortex clip-ons
    Vortex sprockets
    SBS DC brake pads
    Ohlins TTX shock (serviced early this season when recall was completed at Ohlins USA)
    Ohlins 30mm cartridges in the forks, also serviced at the beginning of the season with fresh seals and fluid
    Stainless brake lines, not sure of brand though
    MSM clutch and brake levers
    MSM titanium rotor bolts on the front
    MSM titanium caliper bolts and front axle pinch bolts
    Older style Motion Pro quick-turn throttle
    Zero Gravity smoked double bubble windscreen
    K&N air filter
    T-rex racing axle blocks with spools
    All stickers and decals are easily removable

Full disclosure: bike has never been dropped since I've owned it, but it has been crashed by the previous owner. Comes with a clean title that was never signed in my name or even the name of the previous owner since both of us used it for racing only. From the crashed sustained before, the right-side frame spar must've been broken or cracked and was replaced with a piece of aluminum that was welded on. The weld area can be seen in one of the pictures. It looks a bit ugly but it has worked perfectly fine for me so far as well as for the previous owner. Structurally it is fine. Also, the exhaust is a little bent inwards, towards the swingarm. It came like that when I bought it and didn't bother to replace it since it works just fine still.

As it stands I'm asking $4700. I also have 2 sets of OEM wheels, complete with rotors and sprocket hub, one of which also has captive spacers and a set of Supercorsas that have only a day on them, so plenty of life left. The other one has rains mounted on, in decent shape but they're about 5 years old. Along with that, I have some spare pegs, shift lever, sprockets, a Hotbodies tail piece and probably a few other bits I'm forgetting.

I can sell all the spares after the bike sells or preferably make a "package deal" on the bike + all the spares.

IMG_20170408_161259827_HDR.jpg IMG_20170408_161148921_HDR.jpg IMG_20160410_170855336_HDR.jpg

2. sbk1198

Also forgot to mention because since the pictures are a bit older, but the bike now also has a radiator guard, GB Racing case covers, and R&G tank sliders, which also covers that dent in the tank :)

Also, located in Lincoln NE.

3. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Lawd that’s cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sbk1198

I mean...I'll take more if someone offers lol

5. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

If you magically have it available when I’ve got some spare cash laying around I’ll be callin [emoji16]

6. sbk1198

I'm in no hurry to sell. I figured if November comes around though and I still have it, I'll probably start parting it out. I can probably get more money out of it that way like I did with my first race bike....it's just a slow process that takes lots of trips to FedEx.

7. sbk1198

Bump. Had some interest from a few people but nobody truly committed yet.

8. sbk1198

9. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Wanna trade for a z125 & some cash [emoji16]