1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Moriwaki MD250h

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by jimmyboost, Feb 15, 2018.

1. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

Hi All,

I will post current pics this weekend, but wanted to post this up now since I've finally made the decision to sell and am trying to hold myself to it! I bought this bike from Stewart Aitken-Cade (USGPRU, Rising Sun Cycles) in 2014 and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I am 6'4" and over 200 lbs and as badly as I wanted it to work out, it's hard to race a bike where your options are not shifting or dragging your toes through every turn and burning through a pair of boots in a weekend! :) I contemplated building a larger subframe (1" spacer made little difference) and new rearsets and even bought a pair of boots a size too small in search of more ground clearance, but ultimately decided I was trying to turn the bike into something it is not, so I have decided to sell.

Bike Details:

- 2009 Moriwaki MD250h
    - Four race weekends (Stew lent the bike out to Alex Wisdom) before I owned it
    - Bike was lowsided once before I got it, but has been upright since
    - Three WERA sprint races (two at Roebling and one at Tally), and six practice sessions on it by me.

Since I have purchased it, the bike has received:

- Full Racetech internals (fork and shock) with Traxxion for springs, set up for a 200 lb rider.
    - Shorai Lithium Ion battery (one race weekend)
    - New OE valve springs and retainers (three practice sessions and one race)
    - Crankcase and gearbox oil changed after each day of riding (four total days)

Spares include:

- New set of bodywork
    - Slightly tweaked rear subframe that Stew was kind enough to give me as a spare
    - Paper manual
    - Front and rear stands
    - Cush drive grommets
    - Various small chassis parts

***Asking price is $8000

I am located in Charleston, SC but will be driving to Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, TN and then to Manhattan, KS next week. I would be happy to assist with delivery if someone is close to that route and is interested.

I have an additional OE front wheel and PVM forged rear that I will also sell, but are not included with the bike.

Thanks!
    Jim McDeavitt

2. jimmyboost

Got pictures last night, unfortunately, the sun was setting so the light is low. I also realized that I forgot to put the front fender on before the pictures, but it is included and is on the bike. Woodcraft lever guard is not included. I've got my new bike on the way and accidentally broke the windscreen while hanging the new bodywork, so price is now:

$7500 OBO

Additional images can be found here.

http://s47.photobucket.com/user/jimmyboost/library/2009 MD250h?sort=3&page=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

So I would buy this in a second! But my money tree outback died! And
    I don’t suppose you would be interested in trading? I have a pretty clean
    2000 honda rc51 with ohlins r and t forks, and rear shock and Moriwaki link!
    Bike handles great! And runs great has too much too list here now! But if you are
    Interested

4. jimmyboost

5. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

John Branch! Formerly of Houston, TX? Friend of Fast Freddie Provis? hahaha

6. jimmyboost

Sunday price drop. 8 bikes currently sitting in the garage. I could use some space and money for parts for the new race bike! :)

$6800

7. Mike91

Mike91 New Member

Electric start?

8. jimmyboost

Yes, electric start.

9. jimmyboost

Bump for a clean, original Mori with very low hours!

10. jimmyboost

Bike is sold! Thanks for looking!