1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Husqvarna SM450RR F450 Super Single

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by kayabusa, Jul 21, 2015.

1. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

I'm selling on ebay with no RESERVE my F-450 Super Single Husqvarna SM450RR Road Racer 2009

Husqvarna SM450RR F450 Super Single | eBay

by Gavin Trippe, Troy Lee Designs and Roland Sands Designs.

Brand New, 2009 Husqvarna SM450RR Road Racer
    Gavin Trippe (A legendary motocross and road race promoter, father of the Supermoto and the Ama Superbike Championship) joined with Troy Lee Designs and Roland Sands Designs to build several F-450 examples based off of current 450cc Motocross bikes. One of the last and the most expensive design the trio has designed is this Husqvarna 450RR and it’s ready to race!

This Husqvarna’s SM450RR Limited Edition is the only one imported and was constructed to celebrate Husqvarna Motorcycle’s success in the 2008 Supermoto World Championships when Adrien Chareyre (France) and Husqvarna bike won 2 world titles. This motorcycle was the identical backup bike of Adrien Chareyre setup but not raced.

The SMRR's power plants are more powerful "race" versions and are mated to six-speed gear boxes derived the mx bikes which come stock with a STM slipper clutches. Changes to the engines include an enhanced electric started, 41mm Keihin carburetor and along with special cams and pistons. In collaboration with Arrow, Husqvarna engineers designed a tailor-made exhaust system for the SMRR's which are constructed from titanium (complete) and feature twin silencers and heat shield also made of titanium.

The bike offer a TIG welded frame with adjustable steering heads (just like on the official Team Husqvarna machine) as well as a shortened, black anodized swing-arm that improves traction and maneuverability. The one-piece steering plate made from anodized Ergal and the increased diameter steering pivot is all aluminum.

The brakes are special for these models and feature a one-piece caliper and pump. Wave disc rotors from Braking are oversize 310 mm for better compromise between adjustability and stopping power.

Front suspension is handled by 50mm sealed cartridge Marzocchi Forks, and the rear is controlled by a Sachs racing aluminum bodied shock.

There are several titanium bolts on the bike.

The twin-colored anodized aluminum fuel filler cap is special as are the one-piece anodized Ergal racing handlebar clamps. The racing type stand is included.

This bike has never been on a track

[​IMG]

The see the complete Photo Gallery please click here !
    F-450 Super Single by kayabusa1 | Photobucket

Killswitch likes this.
  2. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick bike

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Nice! Are the tires still running tubes? How was the bike tuned? PCIV and Dyno or standard 450rr tune? Standard gearbox? Stock sprockets?

4. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

I don't know the answer of any of these questions. With the bike there is a documentation from the guys that build it, would be easy for the buyer to call them and get the answer directly from them.

5. 600k2

600k2 Well-Known Member

:wow:

6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sick bike but odd the seller can't answer any questions about it

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Doesn't inspire confidence in purchasing. And I would have been very interested. Been thinking of building one for a few years. Plus I love Husky's, I have already had two SMR's.

8. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

Guys, I think I can help you with the confidence issue.

This is a brand new Supermoto special edition Husqy purchased by Gavin Trippe and make the conversion with the help of Roland Sands and others guys in Cali.

My opinion is this, is not about a sprocket, a gearbox or if it tubless or not tubless.... is about a very special bike (unique in the world) made it by a very special group of guys that Know how to build bikes and they didn't spare anything to do it. Quality and money.

Besides that I'm only and motorcycle fan, not a racer not even an expert.

The only thing I'm pretty sure is in my 100% positive feedback after 633 sales and buys on ebay. That's mean I deliver what I'm selling.

9. ton

ton Arf!

where is the bike located? i gather this one was a design exercise and has never been ridden. were there any others built to the same spec that were ridden/raced?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  10. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Awesome bike--so much goodness! Are the wheels (hubs, axles, spacers, etc) standard Husky sized, e.g. are they be interchangeable with Marchesinis currently on a 510smr or a set of wets using the stock Husky rims from that same bike?

Also, for anyone who's actually tracked both--how different is running a super single from a sumo?

11. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

The bike is located near Miami, Florida.

Check in youtube and google about super-single, tons of pages with information, when they raced them, where, racetech kits, etc etc etc.

I even found a video of Elena Myers riding one.

12. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

Yes, the size and everything else on the wheels are standard so you can put marchesinis or anything that works.

I think they keep the wired wheels because of Roland idea, he made an aprilia with wired wheels too. But that is my opinion only.

13. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

Auction ending tonight ! don't miss the opportunity, the price is really low and there is no reserve !

14. kayabusa

kayabusa Active Member

Sold to a lucky guy in CA.

15. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

That would be me! Small world.

I have one of the factory supermoto bikes from the same year, so I'm familiar with the platform. I've also seen this bike before, at Laguna in 2009 I believe. I remember it looking pretty small.

I'll ride it here and there for sure, but I don't think the concept was really workable. Those husky supermoto engines really need to go in and out of the rev range or they'll blow up in short order. Longer flowing track stuff wouldn't be survivable anyway.

It really should be at Barber, it's a special bike.

16. kyle whalen

kyle whalen Master motorcycle technician

Can we get a value on this bike? For curiosity and market price points?

17. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Wow what a cool bike...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk