1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Zx6r will not start

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dusty20, Jul 7, 2009.

1. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

Posting up for a friend. He has a track bike and was trying to do the Keyless ignition... Before he looked it up and found out you need the resister he tried to just hook up the wires to his toggle and see if it would start, well now it will not start even with the Keyed ignition back in place.

I am assuming it is a fried starter relay or something of that sort does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? He is trying to make the track this next weekend and will need to get whatever part this is ordered asap.

2. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

anyone?

3. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

What is wired up?

WATT did you not wire up?

Ready? I am the old fart among youth. Dare 4-Are 3wV's is drill it in your head are the fundamental basics.

Old OTTO cycle: Fuel ~ Spark ~ Compression. Eliminate one = No START!

New FI cycle: Crank Sensor ~ Cam Sensor ~ ECU = No START! [fuel/spark/comp is a given = 6 Variables].

3wV= 3wireVariables you die with next. Fuel, spark and compression you die with as long as you look a black box in the face, these 6 basic fundamentals are that mental toolbox locked in two drawers so far.

WATT is not wired? Here are 3 more basics in the absolute why the bike fires off or not.

1. Connector not connected.
    2. Wire out of connector.
    3. Short to ground is look around.

Now it is 9 basic fun are the mental case is and I am not even close to the others. Try these 9 variables first.

There are so many root finds/causes, that it is easier to explain what you hooked up or not, rather than ear me out.

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

i believe its a zener diode on that bike.

5. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I'm NOT saying you or your friend are crooks/badguys but some guys may be reluctant to post a tutorial on how to hot wire/defeat the anti-theft function on a bike....because you never know who is reading these posts...so if somebody knows how, do it with a PM please.

6. PAzYearazzUP

PAzYearazzUP Banned

I don't know who is talking to whom, but I could write a tutorial on how to run WATT Chew Brung...

Key fob or not, I'm not, "sharing" is to get you there fundamentally instead.