1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 SV650 streetbike with cool suspension mods

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by superdino, Sep 16, 2021.

1. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Just bought a big ol' heavy ass V-Strom 1000 touring bike, time to sell the current streetbike steed which is a sweet 2007 SV650 nekkid I've been touring the mountains of western North Carolina during the summer.

Laundry list is impressive, everything has been installed in the past 3 months so very fresh:

-- Dunlop RoadSport 2 tires in 160/60 and 120/70. Brand freaking new less than 1k ago.
    -- Vesrah front brake pads, semi-metallic
    -- Vesrah rear brake pads, semi-metallic
    -- Traxxion fork springs, .90 and .95 which is .925 for you math folks that can add/average
    -- Race Tech Gold Valve emulators with two choices of emulator springs (blue 40, or yellow 64). I took the forks apart ELEVEN times to tweak the best plush-but-taut setup on the emulators/springs. I'm tired but happy.
    -- K&N air filter
    -- Power Commander 3
    -- Yoshimura slip-on
    -- Kawi ZX-10R rear shock (8mm taller than the crap OEM rear shock for that quick turn-in)
    -- AllBalls tapered steering head bearings (damn these things are tricky to adjust)
    -- Russell Speed-Bleeder for rear caliper
    -- Tech-Spec tank grips, love these things in the twisties for inner knee grip support
    -- Hi-Flo oil filter and fresh Valvoline synthetic oil last month
    -- New battery
    -- Harbor Freight swingarm stand that would likely fold in half if I attempted to lift the V-Strom 1000 so it is included with the 150-lb lighter SV650. Enjoy.
    -- Nelson-Riggs soft bags, and Cargo tail-bag soft luggage too. (U need a camping trip)
    -- New Motion Pro clutch and brake levers
    -- Cheapie Amazon mirrors that vibrate so you don't worry about cars behind you because you can't see them
    -- Lots of scratches and dings from previous owner crashing.
    -- Gold chrome vinyl to cover lots of scratches and dings from previous owner crashing. I spent a mere $20 on gold chrome vinyl sort of as a joke, and I've been *dumbfounded* at how many people walk over to compliment this bike when stopped at bike-gathering areas. It just keeps happening, and my $25k bike friends are getting jealous. Somehow the chrome vinyl seems to attract unusual interest. More research needed to understand.

Price: I dunno, $2300? Or trade for a cool dual-sport bike or maybe even a cruiser? This SV runs great, the Yosh is so sweet. Only 27k on the clock and I've rode it all around the Great Smoky Mts this summer with no complaints other than it's not a V-Strom 1000 with locking luggage which is exactly the bike I bought yesterday. Weirdly the Strom is also a 2007 so now I have two Suzuki 2007 V-twins in the garage (hopefully only temporary, plz buy the SV)

Location: Upstate South Carolina, the Greenville area. You know, BMW and Michelin HQ area.
    P.S. V-Strom guy just bought a Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, so he had to sell the V-Strom 1000. I bought his V-Strom 1000, so I need to sell my SV650. If you buy my bike, what will you sell?

Attached Files:

• sv.jpg
      sv.jpg
      File size:
      105.9 KB
      Views:
    jasonhise likes this.
  2. Can you please upload some pics? Thank you