1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 GSXR 750 Exhaust replacment ??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Slinky001, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Slinky001

Slinky001 Well-Known Member

When replacing the stock unit with a full aftermarket exhaust (Yoshimura TRC) on a 07 GSXR 750 do you need to keep the exhaust valve servo motor connected to the wiring harness for the bike to operate correctly?

In the Yoshimura manual they said that some may require this to be kept in place for the bike to run in a normal manner, but unfortunately the servo motor was tossed out with some other damaged parts that came off of the bike by accident!

Just need to know if I need another one and it is not back together so I can try out as of yet otherwise I would obviously not be asking.

Thanks for any and all help!

Brian

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Every full system eliminates the exhaust valve. You must pull pin 30 at the ECU otherwise it will give a constant FI error. The ECU connector is numbered if I recall but I'm sure someone has a pic.

3. Slinky001

I understand that the exhaust valve disappears, but did not realize that the valve actuator motor which is located at the back of the bike may need to be retained or the bike could run in "SAFE MODE" as Yoshimura called it in the directions.

I pulled the wire as was described in the mounting instructions for the exhaust, but did not know about the safe mode thing!

Was just curious if the valve motor needs to be retained to maintain an electrical loop of some sort along with pulling the wire from the ECU?

Who need s directions right????????????????

Brian

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Disconnect the servo and throw in in the garbage. Pulling the pin disables the FI light that would show up from disconnecting the servo.

5. HD1911

HD1911 Johnny Rocket

Black ECU connector, black wire w/brown tracer pin #30....pull it

6. chris218

chris218 Say when................

There is a thread already here. Use the forum search. There is pictures & detailed instructions:up:

7. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

Helped a friend do it on his 750. It seriously maybe takes 5min - 10min to do. Just make sure to put some electrical tape around the wire you take out/cut.

8. Slinky001

Thanks to all!