1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Aprilia RSV1000R Bol d'Or

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by tirefriar, Dec 3, 2019.

1. tirefriar

tirefriar Well-Known Member

Not too long ago this was 10k mile creampuff until a faulty immobilizer unit decided to take me out at around 30 mph. It sustained damages to the left portion of fairings, left mirror and left exhaust. Being a limited production model with particular color combo, the replacement parts were not available and insurance wrote off the bike.

Next logical step was to turn it into a track weapon. I had Amauri go through the bike ($1200 of service including Samco cooling line set), removed items that are not needed on the track (the dreaded immobilizer, horn, etc), added Ohlins steering damper, Woodcraft frame sliders. In addition, bike has front Ohlins suspension (fork seals replaced), rear Sachs shock with Ohlins spring (set up for a heavier rider - I'm 260 lbs geared up), Akropovic exhaust with remapped ECU, 15/42 sprockets.

Bike runs tops, Amauri had it scanned and erased all fault codes. Brakes are in great shape, oil and filter are fresh.

I bought Hotbodies full track fairing that was specifically made for my order (see production date) so its fresh, never installed. Being that I was prepping the bike for myself I did not cheap out on Chinese crap. The new owner can paint or wrap the fairings to his/her own delight.

All was going great until I realized this is way too much bike for me. I am comfortable C group rider and do the track to practice skills, not to set track records. As such, I am looking to sell the Aprilia in order to purchase a more suitable middle weight, preferably not more than 600cc that I can track but also ride on canyon roads for practice.

Tires are not fresh but in good condition. The bike was never stored outside, no exposure to sun, no dry cracks or flat spots. However, for safety sake I would recommend putting on a fresh set.

I know that down the road I will be kicking myself in the ass but this is where I am at currently. Bike is located in 91364 zip (Greater Los Angeles). I am open to trade for R6 or Ninja 400, however these would have to be local and be steerable (current Cali registration), no long distance trades. The price is $3500 firm.

I can be reached at 818 822 8625

This was before the low side (still looks the same way from the right):
    [​IMG]

In prep for track fairings install:
    [​IMG]

Hot bodies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sgreenfield

sgreenfield Member

Great looking bike. I'm out in Los Angeles and I'm interested. Can you take a couple of photos of the damaged areas? Thanks!

3. sgreenfield

sgreenfield Member

I assume it has a Salvage Title?

4. tirefriar

Thanks. The lBol d'Or livery was the one of the reasons why I bought this particular RSV. I will upload pics in the evening.

I hold a clean California title. If the bike will be registered in California it will most likely receive a salvage title. However, if the bike is registered in another state there is a very good chance the title will remain clear.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

if you're ever deciding to part it out instead, i'd be interested in forks and shock and possibly some other bits (for my touno)

6. tirefriar

The bike is in too good of a state right now to part out. May would have considered it before taking it to Amauri, now that it has his stamp of approval I would put the bike together and track it rather than break it up.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

they are good bikes.

GLWS

8. tirefriar

Thanks Phl, RSV V2 is one of the best bikes I've owned. I am truly heartbroken over the low side, unfortunately the RSV way over the top for my current skill level...

9. sgreenfield

sgreenfield Member

Thanks for the quick response. If you can upload a video of it running it would be great. I am in Santa Monica, and have cash in hand. I can come by anytime. Thanks!

10. tirefriar

Text me your cell to 818 822 8625 and I will send you photos and videos.

11. Revrev56

Revrev56 Member

man to bad your on the left coast. nice bike; I have an 04 rsv and a 09 tuono and would love to add another for track only.

12. tirefriar

Shipping to the east coast is $750 through Keyboard Motorcycle shipping. This is a real opportunity to pick up a "virgin" track bike that has not seen track, been gone through by a top notch Aprilia tech, starts at a tap of the button, has track body in the raw, blah, blah... It may be a worthwhile acquisition, considering how often bikes like that pop up for sale.

jasonhise likes this.
  13. tirefriar

Bump.

After installing the race fairing, the only areas that will have any trace of damage are the tank, left exhaust and left switch. Otherwise the bike is perfect. Fairings are fresh, paint them any way you prefer. I was thinking of doing a wrap in the original colors/design. The RSV will come with factory fairings, headlights, right mirror (left is included but damaged at the mount), books and I may have second key for it. I would like to get a replacement smaller cube bike as soon as I can sell this one.

Countershaft likes this.
  14. rotax454

rotax454 Well-Known Member

I own a track prepped RSVR factory. For those that think the 990 rotax (or the bike itself) is way too much for them and looking for a 600 bike, I disagree. The average HP for the 990 rotax is 120. That puts it in area of a good R6. Putting the RSVR on a diet for track use and it's a solid C group bike. Too bad WERA does not agree with me. Tuono yes, but not the RSV or RSVR.
    This Aprilia is priced right and set-up correctly can be a blast to ride. The 990 rotax motor is near bullet proof. Solid track bike.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. tirefriar

Thanks Rotax. BTW, the bike can go either track or street. I did not cut the harness or remove any switches. Amauri disconnected the left switch as it was throwing a code... I have all original fairings, California registration is good until 9/2020. The ultimate choice will be with a new owner.

16. tirefriar

I am addressing inquiries about how the bike looks now with the photos below. As there appears to be more interest in keeping this bike street, I installed factory fairings:

Photos from right side:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photos from left side:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I took the bike to Amauri I was planning to track it. As such Amauri removed the immobilizer (the cause of unexpected engine shut off), horn, evap canister and disconnected the left switch (lights, turn signals). No wiring has been cut. Pretty much everything disconnected has been labeled. Hence it can easily be returned to street duty. All that is needed is the front fairing, left mirror, left headlamp has one mount broken but has 2 more to hold it in place:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just a reminder that the sale includes a brand new set of track bodywork.

17. tirefriar

SOLD

L8RSK8R and RRP like this.