1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 USGPRU 250 Champ and Infinity Repli-Cast Racing part company

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 19, 2006.

1. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

At age 19, USGPRU 250 ace and 2006 National Champion Alex Welsh has outgrown Infinity Repli-Cast GP Racing after 2 seasons with the youth focused team. 2006 was wildly successful for both rider and team as they excelled in the USGPRU 125 class and utterly dominated the 250’s. In 30 races started, Infinity Repli-Cast and Alex Welsh reached the podium together 22 times (that’s a .733 batting average for you baseball fans) and spent almost half of them atop the pyramid with 10 wins.

“It was truly a remarkable year for us,” said Frank Pate, Infinity Repli-Cast’s manager of U.S. operations. “The USGPRU is an excellent environment for youth to develop their road racing skills and with Infinity Repli-Cast behind him Alex was able to maximize our equipment and decimate the competition in the 250 Class.”

But, as with all development programs, athletes grow up and out of them. “We’re a youth road racing team and Alex has reached that inevitable point where his skills and desires to ride bigger, faster machines require him to move on to teams and sponsors who can provide those opportunities,” said Pate. “Of course, like a high school or college football team we’re sad to lose him, but at the same time we’re extremely pleased and proud to pass on a fine young man and winning racer to the lucky team who signs him for 2007.”

For the most recent interviews and race footage of Alex and Infinity Repli-Cast’s success together log onto www.OnTheThrottle.tv and click on the race bike. You can learn more about Infinity Repli-Cast GP Racing’s youth programs and how to help at www.TeamInfinityReplicast.com.

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

ummmmm.........:Pop::D

flyingpig70 likes this.
  4. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Man, slow off the line but that's one hell of a gap from 1st gear to 2nd!

418 likes this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Damn Shane, you have the memory of a pissed off wife ........:)

Dragginass and G2G like this.
  7. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Haha. The other day I was wondering whatever happened to that dude. Googled his name and saw he's now in Prison, deservedly. He tried to scam me with a GP bike sale years ago, and then there was that public flop of an "Aprilia" series he was claiming. He was an ass.

50Joe likes this.
  8. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

On the flip side of things....

I was having a conversation with Frank a long time ago and I mentioned (not asked) that I had a poor kid I was helping / working with. He volunteered help, sending me $1000’s worth of parts for the kid. He wasn’t all bad, he just screwed a lot of people in his ponzi/pyramid scheme and spent or gave it away to kids racing. I’d say that’s slightly better than him snorting it or buying himself all sorts of luxury stuff.

My $.02 worth, just to stir the pot a bit.
    Peter