1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 SV 650 Superbike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by dmurphy48, Feb 6, 2011.

1. dmurphy48

dmurphy48 Well-Known Member

2006 SV 650 Superbike. The motor had 2,000 miles on it in stock trim and then I had some motor work done. It has 2mm overbore with JE Pistons, stock cam swap and bored out throttle bodies. The bike was dynoed at 83 horsepower. It is faster than most SV's out there and won't blow up on you. I only ran 3 races on the motor so I am guessing about 900 miles on the new motor. Additional bits and pieces:

-LeoVince titanium exhaust
    -CBR900RR rear wheel to fit a 180 rear tire (I also have the stock rear wheel)
    -2005 GSXR 600 front end with .85 springs
    -Penkse rear shock set up for 165 pound rider
    -Vortex rear sets
    -Vortex clip ons
    -GP Tech fairing bracket
    -GPR steering damper
    -Race battery and modified battery holder for reduced weight
    -520 chain conversion

I have some miscellaneous spare parts including additional gearing and replacement levers and clip-ons.

I am sorry that I have no idea how to post pictures so please just email me at [email protected] and I will send them to you. You can also call me at 720-232-7926 if you have any questions. The bike is located in Park City, UT.

2. dmurphy48

Yeah, forgot - $5,000.

3. dmurphy48

4. dmurphy48

Pics added

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. dmurphy48

I will throw in a set of Tomahawk Tire Warmers and a spare wheel stand to the deal (see pictures below). A couple of other miscellaneous items that have come up:

- It does have a screw type fuel filler cap (I have the stock keyed gas cap as well)
    - It has been converted to a 520 chain kit. I have 14, 15 and 16 tooth front sprockets and 42, 43, 44, 45 and 46 tooth rear sprockets (for the 180 rear wheel).
    - I also have a spare stock clutch set as I put in a aftermarket Barnett clutch kit, which is still in the bike.
    - The bodywork is Hotbodies.
    - The motor runs on race fuel, but can also run on street gas (with a little less horsepower. Typically I will run 50/50 blend between race and street gas for practice and 100% race gas for races.

Thanks

Dale

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dmurphy48

So the only thing that is questionable on the bike is the upper and lower fairings. They are structurally sound but are scratched from a previous lowside crash. To help put some money in towards new bodywork or paint work, I will knock $500 off the purchase price.

$4,500.

Dale

7. dmurphy48

8. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

is the exhaust full titanium or just the canister?

9. dmurphy48

I bought the exhaust used two years ago. My understanding is that it is a full titanium exhaust and the header/connector pipes have a ceramic coating on them. The canister is definately titanium but it is a little hard to tell if the header/connector pipes are as well. When I pulled off the old Yosh aluminum exhaust system that was on the bike it was definately lighter so I didn't really question it too much when I got it.