1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 GSXR 600 C34 code

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DBConz, Dec 9, 2020.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

PRIMARY FUEL INJECTOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

Yosh ECU, and Bazazz ZFi.
    i had a loose wire on upper connector on the Bazazz for cylinder 4, but that was fixed last winter from them.

i'm still getting this code frequently, but not every time. it's annoying as hell.

any suggestions where to look?

2. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Being an intermittent problem, the first thing I would check for is proper pin fit on all connectors.
    Not sure what size pins you got in there but you would use something like this(or just any good known male pin) and check for drag/resistance between the tool and the female pin.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrical-Terminal-Pin-Fit-Tension-Testing-Tool-Ford-GM-Chrysler-Vehicles/153703629916?hash=item23c973445c:g:mCsAAOSw95hdiFE0

this video shows something very similar, except in your case the pins are most likely a lot smaller

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  3. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I have this CEL as well. In my case it's due to the Dynojet quickshifter. Not cause for concern, just minor annoyance that's well worth it

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

it's a new issue that happened after i swapped motors. i pulled a wire on the bazazz, which was fixed.
    i'm wondering if now that injector needs to be cleaned from potentially over spraying from a bad connection before

5. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

time to bring this thread back to life
    i replaced the plugs which were old and that seemed to fix my starting issues and the code....till i started riding the bike on the track.

i'll test the coils tonight.

any other suggestions?

would a fuel injector cause something like this? i'm running out of possibilities this could be.

6. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

coils all tested fine. ugh