1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 2007 r6 engine reliability question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 56cbr600rr, Jul 28, 2007.

1. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

I know of 15-20 or so more bearing failures that arent posted here. .....

easy to say there isn't a problem, if yours havent broke. Oh,.........so many regrets with this deal.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. Chip

Chip Registered

I have a brilliant solution to the fire issue and the GSX-R frame issue.....if you don't want to take chance that something bad will happen.....don't race it!

Old Racer once told me.....Never go to the race track with something you are not ready to throw in the garbage.

If you took the bike to a professional Mechanic and the rod bearing failed right away, you need to take it back to that mechanic.

Too late now.

Is this really hard to understand...

When you crash a bike, bad stuff happens!!

When you race a motorcycle.....stuff breaks!!

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Noooooo, say it ain't true boss!!!!

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

5. Chip

Chip Registered

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

and for god's sake, don't look around and determine which bikes are better or worse!!! and use that information to influence your purchase. sinner!!!

all bikes are the same. none have a problem.

don't crash them....or they break.

if they grenade the engine....you musta done something wrong.

ok, i got it.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

Some bikes are better than others....100% true. I like GSX-R's

Not true...lots have problems.

100% true....don't complain when the obvious happens.

Maybe....maybe not, but that does not mean that their is a flaw in the motor design either.

Not really...

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

then learn me, yoda....

9. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

all i know is, there seem to be a lot of them there new r6's haulin but at the front of the pack these days. them things just SCREAM down the straightaways, even a R564 pulled me down the straight at grattan!

10. fabb600r6

fabb600r6 Speed is good.

Well, since we are all trying to figure out why we are spinning rod bearings, and have not come up with a reason, could you please elaborate on your 'questionable' modification so at least I can rule that out being the cause of my 3 rod bearings going south in the last 3 months? Seriously, I really need to know why you spun that bearing. Maybe we did the same thing..

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  11. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

OK...I'm good !! Whew !! Thanks man ! :up:

12. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

Some guys alter the oil pump to lessen "pumping losses" which adds about 1/4 HP at redline.

13. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Huh?

14. calidream

calidream Well-Known Member

So Mr. Stargel and Chip at KWS lets just say if you suddenly experienced a rash of rod bearings gone south if the motors were assembled right and so on what would your guess be? Seems to me alot of stock lowerend motors have spun a rod bearing and it seems to be alot more frequent than in the 99-05 era.

15. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

expert 800 Dennis Ergo has a de-stroked R-6 hence the R564

16. Chip

Chip Registered

I can guarantee you did not do the same thing...:up:

17. Chip

Chip Registered

Like I said...Rod bearings fail for a bunch of different reasons.....but, If I saw a bunch of stock bottom ends failing in a race enviorment then I would hazzard to guess that the stock bearing clearances are not correct for sustained high rpm use.

18. 2fast

2fast Member

I just found this thread and didn't find a whole lot of useful info but thought I'd post just for getting the #'s correct.

I own 2 '06 R6's, no bottom end modifications, 1 running strong, 1 blew up twice.
    A racer on the team has 1 '06 R6, 2 broken cranks
    Above mentioned racer just rebuilt a '06 R6 motor that broke a crank owned by another racer.

Add that 5 bottom end failiures to the total.

19. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Haven't you been paying attention? There is no problem with the R6 bottom ends.

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

:crackup:

That answers a lot of questions about John.