1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006-07 GSXR bodywork on a 2nd Gen SV650

Discussion in 'General' started by RENCRN8, Jan 23, 2009.

1. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

So I am now considering GSXR bodywork for my SV650. I see a lot of people have fitted 2004-05 GSXR bodywork to their SV's, but I havent seen any with the newer bodywork 2006-07 fitted.

Has anyone seen or run 2006-07 GSXR bodywork on the SV650? If so I would love to see pics.

If there is a reason it wouldn't fit I would like to hear it before I am the guinea pig.

On another note if you have some 2004 GSXR bodywork available for sale I would like to hear about it also...

Thanks guys.:up:

2. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

If you go to the vhsphotography website and select WERA GNF or WERA at Barber and look through the F2 or LWTSS race pictures you will see Expert 26 with the newer GSX-R bodywork.

Not sure how much detail you can get from these pictures but it is an example, and one of the better looking SVs on the track.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Why would you want to put GSXR bodywork on an SV now that there is SV specific bodywork? The upper doesn't even look good with the two ram air holes.

Now if you do the tail that's a different thing. :)