1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 R6 $2500 South Florida (no title)

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Teeks, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Teeks

Teeks Member

I have for sale a 2005 R6 with 12,xxx miles on it. Bike is stock except for a hotbodies in the tail exhaust. Bike has never seen the track, and has been ridden daily on the street for the last year or so. Runs and shifts good, no mechanical issues that i am aware of. I will have the bike home Saturday evening to go thru it and check it over, i will also post more pics then as well. The bad, the bike will be sold with a bill of sale only, and missing one mirror. Just wanted to get this up here and going as i need this sold. Best way to contact me is at [email protected].

P.S. I know this is my first post here, but i know several reputable members of this forum, and am certainly not here to do shady business.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how do you ride on the street with no title? Isnt that Shady 101??

3. meanseeds

meanseeds Well-Known Member

it can be done with a dealer plate

I know teeks from my local forum and I can somewhat vouch for him being a good guy! I may not have a high post count here but I did successfully sell a wrecked cbr to another wera member. good luck with the sale man!

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thanks for reaffirming the "shady".

5. Teeks

Teeks Member

I am not the one who has been riding it. I have the bike as payment for a debt owed, i am going to leave it at that. Yes the person has been riding it illegally evidently. Bike is not registered and will come with a bill of sale only. I would like to keep it myself for a track bike, i just cannot afford to at this time, so here it is :)

Thanks Meanseeds for the positive rep.

6. meanseeds

meanseeds Well-Known Member

no problem! and im not sure how I reaffirmed any shadiness but the bike will go quick. I think an r6 sold in 20 minutes here recently for around the same price.

7. Body Bagz

Body Bagz Well-Known Member

Might be less shady if you supplied us with a VIN # So we can do a check on it. Give us more proof that this isnt a hot bike and maybe you will sell it faster / easier. You have no rep here so no one is going to trust your shady story without proof. Just sayin'. It's shady.

8. Teeks

Teeks Member

Vin # is JYARJ06E55A021897

9. Teeks

Teeks Member

Update and pics. Bike also comes with factory undertail (hotbodies undertail has broken tab) and factory exhaust. Bike is also missing front mounting bolt for the brake lines to the fender (currently ziptied). Took for a ride, runs and rides excellent.

Lowered price to $2300

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ticktock4792

ticktock4792 Well-Known Member

i want a gixxxxer...but none are up close to meee.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

im on sofla too..teeks im not sure if we've met on any group rides or anything but im sending a PM

11. Teeks

Teeks Member

sale pending

12. ticktock4792

ticktock4792 Well-Known Member

still for sale....

bump for a good seller!

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Awesome no title which means somewhere along the lines someone got fucked over. Not saying you stole it, but no doubt the bike isn't totally legit. Yeah I said it, no prove me otherwise.

14. sicduc

sicduc Well-Known Member

PM me the vin so i can run it with DMV and it comes out good i'm a buyer.. I need a trackbike for down there.. I have a place in pompano..

15. Teeks

Teeks Member

sicduc the vin was posted a few days ago, post # 8. but a pm on the way.

2Fer i dont know the story on the bike, if i did i would post it up. From what i was able to find out the bike was totaled out by an insurance company several years ago, and either there is no title or they have it. I am not the dmv, i am not a bike theif. I took this bike as payment for a debt owed to me, i thought i would just sell it as i see bikes sold with a bill of sale only all the time (including this site). I didnt realize this would be such an issue, i have tried to be as honest about this as i can possibly be, including posting up the VIN #

16. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Something to look out for. Do you know why it was totalled?

17. Blackgt76

Blackgt76 Well-Known Member

Insurance company NEVER has the title if the bike was totalled out and sold at salvage auction. Whoever buys the bike gets the title with it. It is highly illegal for insurance company to sell any vehicle without legal paperwork. Even if its a junk or parts only title, its still a title that has VIN on it to prove the bike is legal.

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

My bet is that there is a lien on it.

19. Teeks

Teeks Member

So after paying for a title search (waste of money btw) it would appear that 2fer and Blackgt are correct. comes up as only titled once as new. So i guess i should just say this bike is no longer for sale while i try and find the lien holder of this bike and see if they would like it back.

Evidently i got some misinformation from the guy who had it, and i will have to find another way to collect my $ from him. Sorry for the misrepresentation of the website here, i was certainly not trying to do anything illegal, and i know ignorance is no excuse. I am just in a hard place right now and i needed to collect on this debt.

20. mike904

mike904 Well-Known Member

I believe you can attempt to contact the lein holder by ceritified mail 2x and give them 60 days..and i also think here in florida you can file for a title as it is an abandoned vehicle