1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2004 GSXR clutch switch

Discussion in 'Tech' started by rogers1323, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

a couple of questions if you dont mind....what color is the wire to remove from the ECU plug, and what colors are the wires for the clutch switch itself?

I built my bike from parts, and didnt bother getting the left cluster since it will be track only. I just want to be able to start my bike, period :D

2. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

its true. i seen it with my own 2 eyes. :D

disclaimer.
    ok, i think i saw tupac out of the corner of my eye.... leaned over at 100mph in the sweeper i couldnt really focus on him. but it looked just like him hangin out over by the tirewall :Poke:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  3. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I find this whole topic very interesting. Just because someone says something on the Internet doesn't make it fact. Glad I went and found out for myself what the truth is. :up:

Got your back T. Why? Because you seek the truth.

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

5. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

If anybody is looking at the factory service manual to tell you how to service everything you are going to be disapointed. Couldn't find it written anywhere on how to re-shim shock/fork valves, Doesn't mention anything about the ECU being able to be re-programmed (TEKA, Yosh, etc. even though a connector already exists on the bike to enable those devices to work), Jumping a kickstand switch. The little oil jet that sits between the cyl. head and the Cam shain tensioner on my GSXR 750 isn't mentioned or even shown in the manual or any parts fiche I've ever seen but it sure exists. I used to own a Honda F3 and the manual never mentioned anything about testing the diodes in the reg/rectifier. Made it kind of hard to determine if the r/r worked or not. Just trying to make the point that you may not find anything that will help you disable or change a "safety" switch or environmental setting (fuel maps, disabling PAIR plumbing) from any manufacturer. Lawsuits, lawsuits..........

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Have you ever worked for a an actual car or motorcycle dealer as a Tech?

7. Handicapped Racer

Funny thing, i have yet too see one dyno run shown on here that says it effects anything, that to me would seem to end all the bs. Need an example, KWS outing yamaha on the 16,000 RPM range on the 06 R-6, shyt Yamaha offered a freaking buy back program with that one. LMAO!

8. beathiswon

No. And your point is?

9. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Hey now, no bad mouthing the Yamaha's. At least they don't hide a bunch of different maps controlled by a safety switch in their ECM...LOL.

The thread I posted has a few people that are on the ball posting in it. Frank always has good info, and Charlie works on these things for a living and has done his share of dyno runs, just like you.

I don't know what the answer is either, but am interested in hearing more about it.

10. Handicapped Racer

My point would be simple, as a factory trained tech of Japanese vehicles, you would know that before anyone is allowed to Touch a Japanese made vehicle you must have earned a Bachelors degree, in addition to the degree they are trained in the simple applications that should ""to mere mortals" be in a service manual. So how to shim shocks, re-valve and whatever minor diagnostic procedure, is an expected knowledge. On top of that Yosh is not a part of Suzuki , nor is Tecka. It's an aftermarket company offering a product to alter the stock configuration of a pcm. Those connectors are meant for the dealers use, hence why most manuals say dealer mode, honda makes you ground the system twice to get into dealer mode, since they are properly trained to diagnose customer concerns. The connectors are there for them to detect TDC's and to monitor FI sensors, and if the need ever arises the ability to re-flash an Ecm. The bottom line is your theory has holes in it and is unfounded. You need hard numbers or hard proof, outside of this it is speculation. I can find many threads on this topic, but yet, not one dyno run to show otherwise. As soon as i get a current year gsxr 750 1000 in the shop i will post the runs, to show that this 1000 rpm and loss of power is horse shit. btw can anyone say how much hp they've lost with the switch engaged, or is it a by the seat of the pants hp test? Someone coming past you on the straight isn't a gauge, he may have decided to run race fuel that race or session, or he may have gotten tried of getting drug by you down the front straight, there are just too many variables. The service manual isn't 3-d friendly with only the chosen few getting 3d glasses, :rolleyes: Freaking Elvis sighting on the Wera sight. Don't believe the hype folks, mine is wired on my 600 and i'll bet you some mr9 or u4 that the bike hasn't lost an ounce of hp, nor redline capability, nor have the other 10 i've tuned or set up.

11. Dezmo

Dezmo addicted to the trackpipe

I just want to jump the switch wires (at the harness plug) so I can start my bike. does anybody know the colors?

12. Handicapped Racer

I'll shoot you a pm when i get into tomorrow

13. beathiswon

Not sure if you are referring to just my posts on this thread or everybodys' but I havn't suggested any theories. I would like to see some proof about maps just like you but at least I'm sure on my 05 GSXR 750 that just jumping the clutch switch wires from where they connect to the switch lost a few hundred RPM's. No question about it, no B.S. Maybe yours and 06's are different, I don't know. So I guess if somebody wants to get rid of their switch they'll have to do their own tests and please put up your results so I don't go out and spend some money on something that doesn't work. :rock: