1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 + SV650 Fork Brace?

Discussion in 'General' started by 650 RACER, Feb 8, 2005.

1. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get one of these little items? Any other options beside holeshot.com? Better yet anything under $140 would be better. Bueler......

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Why? Are you off roading it?

3. 650 RACER

Re: Re: 2003 + SV650 Fork Brace?

:D Hadn't thought about it like that but anything is possible...

You race one of these don't ya? Ever used one? If it eliminates some of the flex and stiffens the stock front end I'd like to try it.

If it cuts even the smallest amount of time its worth it for me...

Anyone use one of these on their SV?

Anyone?

Bueler

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The only person I ever heard using one, built a trick ass motard SV.
    I've worked with several suspension experts, and none has ever recommended using one.

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Don't need it. If my ass at 230 lbs doesn't make it flex appreciably...then ya probably don't need it.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

7. 650 RACER

If at 230 your not making the front end flex then maybe you need to ride the thing a little faster :D

Ekraft - www.realultimatepower/svforkbracewillstiffenupthefrontendunderhardbraking.com

seriously - Sounds like the consensus is we don't know how much better the front ends could possibly work w/ a fork brace? Hmmmmm...

Now why do the superbike folks put different front ends on these things again? right...Because the stock 41mm forks work so damn well...

8. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

9. 650 RACER

Cool there we go were getting somewhere now. I appreciate that. :beer:

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Uh huh. I may be a bit out of practice...but I don't think you could call me slow. Fat...maybe. Slow...don't think so. Then again...I guess it's a new season and I don't have an 05 SV. AHHHHHH

I've done a GSXR front end. Never really liked it. Sold it and put a stocker back on my 99 superbike 700. Still works just fine. Good enough to hit 1:20.22 as a personal best at Summit on it. (Per the CCS timing system with transponder) I literally rode better with the stock setup. Sad but true. Only thing I miss is the full GSXR braking system...that rocked.

11. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Those look nice. But how tall are they? I know other fork braces in the past disrupted the airflow to radiators enough to cause some problems with overheating. Not sure which brand it was though. Worth mentioning....especially if you ride in a particularly hot region. (You know...Phoenix or something like it.)

12. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I second the cooling thing...my Fizzer overheats w. the Superbrace installed, and that's with an F3 rad. I was considering haveing Oldguy machine it so that it let more air by...but I'll prolly just pitch it.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I never had a problem with my "Superbike" forks on the SV without the brace. I also didn't have a problem on my SS-spec SV with the stock forks.

But hey, if you're buying, get two and I'll gladly test one out for ya. :D

14. juce_box

juce_box Well-Known Member

I had a few minor crashes this season on my 2g, and bent two sets of fork tubes. I'm wondering if nothing else, will these braces make my fork tubes more resilient in a typical low side?

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

And yet another guy shows up seeking validation for a decision he’s already made.

Jedb likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If you really want to improve the performance of it, get the GSXR 750 internals and have caps milled for the top. At least in OMRRA, that was still supersport legal.
    These guys did that for my 2nd gen and it worked great: https://kfgmotorsports.com/Service/Suspension

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You guys realize this is a 14 year old thread?:D

G Dawg likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Good thing Jeffrey Epstein is dead

AndyR1 and 418 like this.
  19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Makes it even seem crazier that people still race bikes with carbs doesnt it!

418 and RRP like this.
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Holy shit, I totally missed that. :oops: