1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Discussion in 'Other' started by ksredleg, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ksredleg

ksredleg Active Member

Here is the craigslist ad for pics:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5247810832.html

The time has come to sell my first love that I have been in a love and hate relationship for the past 5 years. This car has been my pride and joy since the first time it was officially mine. I have picked up another hobby of motorcycle racing and the car just sits more than anything so i decided it was time to let her go so someone else could enjoy driving it as much as I did. The car used to be my daily driver throughout high school until I bought a beater truck to keep miles down. This is not a stock car anymore since i threw a rod back in 2012. The car has been babied but has also been used as a sports car should. I'm not talking bout hitting the rev limiter at people but instead of competing in several autocross events. It has been garage kept since the time I owned it. This is one of the cleanest Mazdaspeed Proteges you will see in the Midwest! The Spicy orange is one of the rarest colors to find considering there was less than 600 of that color ever produced (this is # 464 of 600). It has been waxed regularly to help keep the shine of the paint. the interior is an easy 9/10 with the exterior with a 9/10. There are a couple small dents from lovely people of parking lots, but are not super noticeable.

The car has a clean car fax as well as a clear title to go along with it. The car was also hit in the front several years ago but did not cause any frame damage or suspension. All it needed was a fender and a new front bumper! As mentioned earlier it does have a newer engine in it that was built by Jesse at JessePrather MotorSports, the premier Mazda builder in the Midwest. The body has a 118k miles on it but the newly rebuild engine has only 6k miles on it since the rebuild in the fall of 2012.. I have all the paperwork that goes along with showing what all was exactly done to it. This car runs and drives like a dream, you won't be dissapointed. My name is Zach and you can text me at 7eight5three831zero2one

Suspension:
    - Eibach lowering springs
    - Racing beat sway bars
    - Gt Spec truck cage

Exterior:
    - Full 3" Vibrant exhaust
    - 17x8.25 XXR 527 wheels wrapped in 205/40r17 Falken ziex 912s (less than 2k on tires)
    - Carbon fiber splitters (one has a crack)
    - After market grill

Interior
    - Sticker bomb panels (stickers easily removed)
    - Heavier Mazdaspeed shift knob
    - Carbon fiber pieces
    - Kenwood radio
    - Wired for a sub

Engine:
    - Forged piston and rods
    - Bored 30 over
    - Stage 1 cam
    - Stage 1 Exedy clutch
    - Protege garage header
    - Aftermarket Side mount intercooler

The bad:
    - The AC switch is bad as it flickers on and off sporadically.
    - cat shield rattles

Contact Zach at: [email protected] or cell (785)-383-1021