1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Series Schedule

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by aod99, Sep 6, 2001.

1. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

Everyone say at once no dragstrips they just suck for bikes. You blow a bogger on the track and someone will fall on it. Any rain will kill the day or someone will get hurt on the strip part. Road racing guys mean that not Nascar not NHRA

2. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

NPR only uses the shut down area of the drag strip so no VHT to deal with; should not be a problem with rubber build up either.

3. Flyin Flea

Flyin Flea Member

The great part about NPR is that it has grip. From the first day we tested on it, the combination of asphalt and limestone gave great grip. The track produced cold-tears because there was so much grip and no rubber down yet. We were the first public event so there has not been much rubber laid.

As said previously by Eric, the road course leads onto the run-off area of the drag strip so no VHT exists. If it rains, I would rather ride the NPR track than any other in the U.S.

4. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Here goes nothing...Mongo, I know you don't do this on the norm BUT, (just for the Golden Child) can you hook us up with a Putnam not conflicting with F-USA or AMA next year? Thanks in advance.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - I'll see what I can do...

[​IMG]

6. Team Road Rage

Team Road Rage Well-Known Member

Mid-Ohio would be a great place but, the cost is prohibitive.

$7,000 a day plus 3-4K for hay bails. There a few other costs involved also.

The only way it could be done if we were able to wrap it into the Middle of July with all the other bike events.

7. David Swarts

David Swarts Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo,
    Get the folks at Carolina Motorsports Park to extend the pit lane exit road around to the left so that it puts exitting riders on to the track on rider's left at the turn two kink to the right. Riders then will merge at turn three where riders at speed can easily get around them.

Just my personal thoughts to add a new endurance venue.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree but they won't be adding new pavement anytime soon.

If they get interested in spectator events I'll bring it up again but for now they know we'd like it but it's way down the list of track improvements for them.

9. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Just wondering if you have started giving any thought for 02. We would like to start planning as early as possible on which rounds we are able to/unable to attend.

Also, do you think you'll have enough bikes to distinguish between LSB and LSS? Just curious.

10. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Yeah. And my sentencing err.. wedding is April 13th. Kinda like to know how to plan around it. The SO doesn't want me racing for six weeks prior. I talked here down to two weeks but I need to know ahead of time if it's going to as little as one week.

Thanks.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even close yet on a schedule sorry.

As for LSB and LSS - won't happen in the near future. There are barely enought to warrant the LSB class (but I expect next year to be better). Also, as with most things in Endurance - leave the motor stock and make quick change stuff for the SB part. Built motors are NOT the way to go.

12. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Heh. Hell, I still have a stock pipe [​IMG]

Am thinking about GSXR Front end though. [​IMG]

13. aod99

aod99 Administrator

How about the new North Florida track?

Is it done? Could it host a national?

It could be clay and still be better than Memphis. Plus, we could run it in March or April before it gets too hot down there.

AOD

14. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I've never seen it, but have heard great things about it. ANYTHING is better than Memph-Ass!!!

15. BrianRenn

BrianRenn Well-Known Member

I just did a track day down there and It's great.... Mongo, if you need a video I can send you one. Thumbs up for N. Florida

16. BrianRenn

BrianRenn Well-Known Member

I don't really care where we race... I just want to race.. Mid Ohio would be cool. Ahhhhh winter sucks.

17. Janee

Janee Doer of Things

Sean
    Have y'all finished considering Mosport? We ran Cdn Nat'l SBikes there earlier this season on the fresh pavement and everyone agrees it rocks (especially Trombino). Just ask Colin for a copy of the show if you're not decided.

J'n [​IMG]