1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 SV650 track bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Kid a, May 4, 2020.

1. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Thx, it's a good find for someone that understands what's here and what it costs to make something like this not only function well but look the part too.

jasonhise likes this.
  2. dont621

dont621 Well-Known Member

3. William Hall

William Hall Member

That bike is beautiful. I would buy it if I didn't live on the west coast. ;)

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Where exactly is the bike? Looks like the SW burbs like Burbank/ Bridgview area. Bike is very nice BTW

5. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Yep SW corner of Chicago.

6. TT2013

TT2013 Well-Known Member

Hello. Do you know what people were getting quoted to ship from Chicago to west coast?

7. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

A couple years ago I shipped TWO bikes to Los Angeles from Chicago for about $900 though Motoshippers.

From what I understand they are asking almost that much for one bike now (with the extra tank and wheels as part of that)

I don't know if it's because of COVID, or what made the price go so high when gasoline is relatively low right now, but nearly 50% more than I paid a couple years ago seems odd.

There are other shippers out there, and uship is more of an open bid system so that would be an avenue to look into. I had a tentative sale agreement with someone on the east coast who said they had a uship person accept his price to come get the bike, but they said uship cancelled on them about two weeks ago. That person ended up changing their mind or pursuing something closer to home I guess because I haven't heard back from him.

Anyway, that's what I'm hearing from perspective buyers. If you're interested maybe look into it yourself, maybe that will change as state lock downs start relaxing and opening up . I can give my address or zip through a private message.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  8. newtothis

newtothis New Member

Beautiful bike! Still available? Have a friend looking for one and willing to travel up from FL.

9. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

I have a buyer working out shipping to California. Buyer committed to it verbally over multiple phone conversations but we haven't exchanged money yet. I told him if someone else is ready to hand over payment before he works out shipping he'll have to then give me some earnest money to hold it until he has shipping locked up.

I'm giving him a few days to work it out. I'll post update if things change.

jasonhise likes this.
  10. red baron

red baron Well-Known Member

Let me know if he doesn’t come through as I’m in Detroit area and maybe we can work a deal and meet for pickup.

G2G likes this.
  11. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Ken the bike is right near me. Let me know if you need any help looking at it or grabbing it for you.

12. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

there are four people in line if the California buyer's freight company doesn't show tomorrow. You will be notified in order of dibs based on private message date/time stamps.

Thanks

13. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

G2G- aprilia guy (basing it on your avatar pic)? and local to me? seems we should be buds. aprilia is my soft spot, and you seem to have the most blow-up-able one which is even more points.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

What subframe is that!???

15. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

SOLD!

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Subframe?

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Looking at the pics, that “appears” to be a stock 1G subframe that’s been modded for the tail.

thats my guess.:D

track wagon likes this.
  18. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Sorry didn't notice the ask.

The fairings are BB plastics Pigment dyed resin fiberglass.
    Subframe is something they also offer.

If you have the patience it's 30-60 days delivery from the UK made to order

track wagon likes this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member