1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 SV650 track bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Kid a, May 4, 2020.

1. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

I purchased this bike from a local to my area expert level club racer that was retiring from the sport 2 years ago. This bike was originally set up by Joe at Turn One Racing for the guy. This was his stock engined "B" bike, used as a backup to his higher tuned engine "A" bike, so I believe it did not see that much original duty.

I bought the bike towards the end of the 2018 season and over that winter took it down all the way to the chassis to freshen up everything and get it looking to my standards. (I was not a fan of the rattle can, 2nd hand fairings on it mostly)

With everything stripped down I sent the frame, swingarm, front and rear subframe, and the wheels out to get a fresh powder coating. When reassembling the bike I then replaced every bearing on the chassis with new bearings (steering stem, swing arm pivot, shock linkages, wheels, and cush hub).

It has a stock engine with an M4 full header system (headers and silencer).
    BMC higher flow "race" air filter (not the standard BMC/K&N)
    SV Racing Parts rearsets
    Vortex clip ons
    New Vortex brake and clutch levers
    New BB plastics colored gelcoat & resin M2 fairings & lightweight aluminum racing subframe.
    Battery box relocating kit (battery is low and forward on side of the engine for better weight centralization)
    RaceTech emulators in the forks
    Penske Double clicker rear shock
    Michelin Power RS tires with two track days on them

Forks and shock have only two weekends on them. They were freshened up and set up for me by Joe at Turn One Racing last spring.

Bike was also Dyno tuned last summer by Win Racing in Naperville, IL to adapt the carburation to the race air filter.

This bike is totally ready to go. Needs nothing to get out on the track except for springs if you are far off my weight (it's sprung for my 180lbs, but it's just at the beginning of the spring preload adjustment range so could probably be good for someone from the 170's to the 190's range (I am not that familiar with spring rates and weight ranges. Joe at Turn One should have my spring data in his customer data base)

I'm selling because my best friend is getting into track days too and just bought a 2nd Gen SV650. I wanted to be on the same machinery as he is and be able to share more parts and resources with each other (Carburated Gen 1 & FI Gen 2 don't share that much between them. Both being on 2nd Gen SV's we can now use the same spare wheelsets, gas tanks, electronic parts, etc... having to carry much less spare stuff with us to the track being on identical bikes) . I just purchased a 2nd Gen SV last week so I'm going to sell the Gen 1.

This bike is SUPER clean and ready to go, fresh suspension, fresh bearings all around, nice new fairings, and I have spare parts to go with it too. - a 2nd fuel tank freshly painted to match the fairing color (hopefully never needed) an extra wheel set, spare foot pegs rearset parts, spare clip-on bar, spare stock levers, and some other random stuff like vacuum fuel delivery pump, rear brake and master, etc... Most things you might need should an unhappy moment happen to it.

I'm asking $3100, I do have a California title for it, but I never put it in my name, I'll just pass it along with the bike and if you choose to register it you can.

*** GoPro mount seen in photos not included in sale***

IMG_20200503_114933.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115015.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115045.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Senna, sill'r B sill'd and rcvxl24 like this.
  2. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

some more pics
    IMG_20200503_115059.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115108.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115118.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115150.jpg

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  3. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

and a couple more
    IMG_20200503_115128.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115144.jpg
    IMG_20200503_115208.jpg

4. mino6466

mino6466 Well-Known Member

Cleanest Gen 1 I have seen I a while.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Good luck selling this thing. Nowhere near clapped out enough for these folks.

Tyson10R and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  6. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Forgot to add location, and I can't seem to edit the post-

Chicago area

7. Nick Deinhard

Nick Deinhard Lazyd77

Dude, wish you were closer.

8. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

shipping always an option, I've shipped bikes across the country a few times.

9. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

I thought I was building a proper first gen. Wow. Thing is better than new and very well done. I’d say GLWS but you likely won’t need luck! Beautiful build

10. Hun Park

Hun Park Member

PM sent

11. NoSquid94

NoSquid94 New Member

12. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Interested parties have so far been turned off because of shipping costs to get it to east or west coast. The service I've used in the past seems to have increased it's pricing by 30%, maybe there are cheaper options out there. Though I've never used it Uship seems reasonable.

So, this is still available and I've now decided to be a little negotiable to absorb some of the transportation costs if you are serious buyer and shipping costs are making it an unreasonable proposition.

I'm also still in the process of setting my 2nd Gen up and may end up using this bike for Road America June 1st & 2nd. If someone is in that direction and interested you could check it out there.

I'm also willing to transport it up to two hours in any direction from Chicago area if that makes a difference for a buyer that's thinking of trailering it themselves.

$3000 OBO

13. Walter Fulton

Walter Fulton Member

Was the bike in Illinois?

14. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Yes, original owner I pitched from was a northern Illinois resident and bike and still is Chicago area based

15. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Clean looking ride.
    You shouldn't have any problem finding a buyer.

16. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of this site only allowing an edit within a short timeframe.
    I look back at my phone typing and wish I could correct it.

My last response should have read like this-
    "Yes, original owner that I purchased it from was a northern Illinois resident and bike is still Chicago area based"

17. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

To the top

18. Kid a

Kid a Well-Known Member

Memorial day weekend bump! Thanks to all the Veterans who gave their life so that we could live so well!

I really need the garage space for when my other SV track bike comes back from suspension shop in a week or two. Help me make some room by adding a nice SV to yours

Here's an added pic of what comes with it:
    -One spare new black Woodcraft clip-on bar (two spare used silver ones)
    -Two each extra footpegs and shit levers for the SV Racing Parts rearsets
    -two further adjustable plates for SV Racing rearsets
    -functional set of CFM rearsets
    -spare fuel pump (vaccum fuel feed technically on carburated engines)
    -spare Rectifier/Regulator
    -spare stock brake and clutch levers
    -Perfect condition spare fuel tank painted to match (I just took it out of the plastic wrap for pics. This is a serious value added if/when it touches the ground. Price out a used non-dented tank on ebay $200+ and have it professionally painted to match another $250)
    -random blue keyless fuel cap (current one on the bike is super nice Driven Racing Halo cap)
    -spare front and rear wheels
    -spare used rear brake caliper and master (not in pic)

IMG_20200524_121453.jpg

19. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Beautiful. I would have bought this bike last Fall rather than buying a street bike and converting. Good luck!

20. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

This may be the nicest looking first gen I have seen in race trim... GLWS!