1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 SV650 Race/Track Cambridge, WI $2500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Capitalview, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

Price is $2500. I can assist, somewhat, in shipping. Currently nursing a bad knee so movement is limited.

Call or text me at 6O8-22O-85O6

2001 Suzuki SV 650s. Engine refreshed last year after the dog from 3rd -4th gear broke off. This ended up causing some damage to the rods, one cylinder, the oil pump and one of the pistons.

Guy Bartz and Ed Key refreshed the engine last year. This was a complete tear down and all clearances were checked. If they were out of spec the parts were replaced. All damaged parts were replaced. Cylinders were honed and fresh rings put in. Engine properly heat cycled prior to riding it. Bike only has about 7 hours on it since refresh. I have the receipts from the rebuild with a breakdown of all parts that were replaced and work done.

Does come with a title. But, as with most track/race bikes, they never get registered and the title is just passed on to the next owner. It would be extremely hard to put this back to street legal anyways because of the race harness and lack of mounting points for lights.

Fairings are in fair condition. This is a race bike and has been down twice since I had it.There is a dent in the upper part of the tank. I never put much more than two gallons of gas in the tank anyways to keep weight down so it doesn't effect anything.

This is a great bike for track days or racing. I am only selling in order to pick up the new KTM RC 390 or Yamaha R3.

The lower fairing is currently off because I have the kickstand on. This blocks the mounting point for the lower on the kickstand side.

Bike has the following;

Dual 2nd gen intake cams

Dzus quick disconnects for lower fairings.

Undercut race transmission put in in 2014. This will make your shifting wonderful!

Carbs completely rebuilt in 2013 by Motorcycle Performance in Madison, WI. Running 145 mains

Woodcraft rearsets

Race foam in gas tank to prevent sloshing

Freshly rebuilt front calipers with EBC extreme pads

Freshly rebuilt rear master cylinder

Front end currently has ZX6 internals with external preload and rebound adjustability. Built by TSE in 2014. I can also put completely refreshed forks (bushings, seals, oil) with emulators (.9kg springs, 20 wt oil 4 turns in on emulators -- set up for 200lbs) for a reduced price if you would like.

Ohlins shock with 650 lb spring (I have 571 lb, 700 lb, and 600 lb spring available to put on) Refreshed in 2014 by TSE with a longer body so you can easily get to 14" length. That is the length you want for the rear shock on a first gen. It isn't possible with the standard Ohlins shock body. Only has about 7 race weekends on. This also has the Penske preload ring which allows the spring to be removed without a spring compressor.

M4 full exhaust

Aluminum rear sub frame

New battery with quick disconnect and Battery Tender plug

RC51 fairings

Vapor dash

Stainless braided front brake lines

Capture spacers on front and rear wheels

New 15/46 sprockets with fresh D.I.D. ERV3 chain (I have other front and rear sprocket options available)

New wheel bearings front and rear

Freshly packed shock linkage and new swing arm bearings

New steering head bearings in 2013

Keyless ignition/race wiring harness

Vortex gas cap

Fresh battery cables (didn't like how stiff the original ones had become)

Just checked and adjusted valves

Engine ice coolant

Vortex clipons

Aluminum race fairing stay

R6 throttle tube

Safety wired to CCS specs

90 degree Ariete aluminum valve stems (not cheap chinese knock offs)

Accossato 19x18 master cylinder. I had a R1 master cylinder on it but I could never get it to bleed correctly so I picked up the Accossato. Brakes work great now!

This will also come with a factory Suzuki SV650 service manual, several spare gaskets for clutch cover, cam chain tensioner, and stator cover. Will come with extra radiator, calipers, clutch perch and lever, petcock, fuel pump, coils, rebuilt water pump, extra set of rims with rain tires (tires currently are not mounted), brake pads, and a spare R6 throttle tube.

Rain tires have one 20 minute track day session on them from Blackhawk Farms Raceway two years ago in full on rain. You can still see the nubs on the tires. Tires stored properly in my basement during winters so they didn't freeze.

Current pics can be found HERE

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Any interest in selling the 700lb spring seperately?

Thanks
    Mark

3. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

Sold and sent you a PM