1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 SV650. cracked? motor $500

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by nikponcherello, Jul 13, 2015.

1. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

This is a 2001 Suzuki SV650 with a motor problem.

I am selling this for a friend. I used to roadrace and I had 2 SVs. I quit racing and started doing trackdays and talked a friend of mine into buying this bike to do trackdays with me.
    He bought it with 12 k miles on it as a streetbike. We turned it into a trackbike. We put emulators in the forks, front clip-ons, lifted rearsets, framesliders, swingarm spools and all the little stuff to make it a trackbike. All of the street stuff is still there in a box, along with some other stuff thrown in from when I had raced SVs. I want it all out of the garage. It went down once and the tank got dented and he bought a spare tank but never used it because the dented one works fine. He probably did 10 or 15 trackdays over the years. Probably a couple hundred miles per day on the bike. It would have about 15 k miles on it now.
    To do trackdays, he put water in. It had water in it and was out in the garage in the winter and it got below freezing and something isn't right now.
    THE MOTOR IS AN UNKNOWN. ASSUME WORSE CASE. I have no idea if it's simple, but I'm assuming that something is cracked in there and the motor may be junk. If you know anything about these motors it may be a great deal for you.

I'm in Midland Michigan.

Attached Files:

2. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

PM'd on behalf of my brother.

3. dont621

dont621 Well-Known Member

sv

check pm

4. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

BIKE IS TENTATIVELY SOLD. To be picked up on Saturday, once the transaction is complete I'll delete the ad. Just leaving it up in case he doesn't show.

5. G2G

G2G I feel the need

If the deal falls through let me know. I have cash in hand. Thanks

6. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

SOLD. Thanks everyone.