1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 Rules

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Dec 21, 2000.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Well, here are the major changes to the rules for 2001:

WERA National Challenge Series

The National Challenge Series will not run in conjunction with Sportsman events except at the GNF, the Cycle Jam and Texas World.

We have removed all 4 stroke machines from Formula 2 and added 600cc and 750cc Superbike Expert classes. We have added a LW Twins (Expert & Novice) class using the Sportsman LW Twins rules (which have changed slightly see below). The new F2 class will be Expert & Novice (it will allow street based 250's and the 125cc GP Machines). All Production classes have been revised to Superstock rules and will now be labeled as Superstock Novice classes.

WERA/GMD Computrack National Endurance Series

We have added a LW Superbike class which will be based on the LW Solo rules. We will not allow teams to run that are too slow or cause a hazard to the other teams and riders (this actually goes for any size and we have removed riders from bigger bikes in the past when necessary).

WERA Sportsman Series

Only changes are that in D Superbike the 4-stroke multis are allowed 460cc (an easy and cheap upgrade to an FZR400 - check other threads on the BBS for details). In LW Twins we now allow 3 valve twins to 750cc and 4 or more valve twins to 700cc. Also, as noted above in the National challenge section, all Production classes have been changed to Superstock rules and will be called Superstock Novice.

Any other changes are minor enough that I can't remember them....

[This message has been edited by WERA (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by WERA (edited 12-21-2000).]

2. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Very, very cool. I hope it turns into a successful class. Can I take credit for planting the seed? [​IMG]

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

Sure, take all the credit you want [​IMG]

One thing I did forget... that I'll edit the above and add is the change from Production to Superstock - doh!

4. RichDesmond

Yep, never let the facts get in the way of a good story, that's my motto!! [​IMG]

5. wera454

wera454 Member

"4 stroke multis to 460cc"
    What exactly is the "easy and cheap" upgrade to the FZR 400? I haven't seen any BBS post on this subject.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of this is from the 400 list and my not so perfect memory but here goes - Basically it's mid-80's ZX6 (600 Ninja) pistons - the wrist pins are the exact same diameter as the 400's, FZR600 cylinders, with the sleeves cut shorter for the 400 cases and then overbored slightly for the Ninja pistons. Evidently it's under $1500 for the entore deal including machining. Since no one is making the 2mm over pistons (unless you have some custome made) the 430cc upgrade gets very expensive. This is cheaper and easier yet isn't as drastic as a 560cc setup.

I'll get the full scoop and post it in a new thread (or Tracee can if he gets to it first).

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

you just make a stroker motor. its like a fzr soup. little from 400 little from 600, add some yzf parts for flavor and its soup. very fast.

8. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Congratulations on helping get a rule changed, or in this case, created. Good job on getting involved. It's people like you that really help to shape our organizations. [​IMG]

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Sean had all the ingredients right. I posted on the 400 list to get the exact details to do this and I'm waiting for the reply. I will post all info when I have it. It might even be in mailbox at home but I'm not there.

Stick what you are talking about is a 560cc motor.

10. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

If I took a R6 and pulled a plug wire, can I say its a 450cc three cylinder?

11. RichDesmond

ROTFLMAO!!! [​IMG]

12. stickboy274

yeah and are you gonna check me if i show up with 1?

13. WFF

WFF Well-Known Member

Hey Rich,
    Were you the guy who ran a lightweight at the 24 hour and finished respectably in spite of mechanical gremlins? Golly, you guys ALMOST beat a Buell! Which one of the guys in the Sportrider article are you? I always wanted to know what you looked like! [​IMG]

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure, however since there are no provisions for tripls in D Super we'd make you run it in C Super that way :) And no plugging the wire back in!

15. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

How about 2-valve air-cooled twins? Still 750cc in light twins??

16. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yup - no change to the air cooled, only water cooled.

17. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Sean, Thanks for listening to all of us on the 400 list. I saw that the 4 valve twins are allowed to 700 cc's. Is the SV 650 still held to the superstock rules?

Don Kinsey

18. WERA

WERA Administrator

In D Super yes - the 700cc limit was for LW Twins only.

19. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

COOL LW Endurance! Thanks I'll be broker than ever now. What about a little help for the Aprilia cup bike riders.

20. stickboy274

vito you know some of those guys