1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 R6 Race/Track Bike

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Turk182, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Turk182

Turk182 New Member

The bike has only seen five track days in the last fifteen years. The engine was completely rebuilt from the crank up in 2004. New clutch plates added in 2006. Many spare parts are listed in the attachment. It has a Penske rear shock, Graves titanium exhaust, race bodywork. It is currently set up with conventional shifting, but I also have a Graves rear set for GP shifting. The bike was originally raced in the Wera series by Greg Myers in 2002 and 2003. I bought it just to run track days, but have not found the time for the last several years. You wont find a stronger running engine in a bike of this vintage. $2900. Located near Charlotte, NC. I have front and rear Pit Bull stands that I would sell for extra.

Right side R6 2.PNG Left side R6.PNG Left side with wheels R6.PNG Back view R6.PNG Penske shock.PNG Spare parts.PNG Subframe Myers.PNG Wera results.PNG

Hpugh likes this.
  2. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Blast from the past. Sweet bike!

3. Turk182

Turk182 New Member

$2500 obo. Let me know what it is worth? 11k miles. It would make a great vintage race bike.

4. Turk182

Turk182 New Member

$2000 obo.

Buell1965 likes this.
  5. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

What weight is this bike sprung for?

6. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

Raced against this bike back in the day..... Good luck seller!

7. I’d like to come take a look at it. I’m just south of Charlotte myself. PM sent.

8. bsanorton

bsanorton Well-Known Member

PM sent

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

111 is still around turning laps!! MikeD!! :D

10. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Must have sold. I saw it on a trailer this morning.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep! Looking forward to racing it this season!

12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

If we weren't going g in opposite directions I would have stopped you to see who got it. Plus, it was lunch time!

TurboBlew and ToofPic like this.
  13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Paul Conner got it! Would love to call up with you sometime!

14. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Holy cow! We used to race FZR 400s against each other about a million years ago!
    We'll get up at Roebling in March.

ToofPic likes this.