1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2001 -2004 GSXR parts - huge amount, new and used, $2500

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Chris Kreple, Apr 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Chris Kreple

Chris Kreple New Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  2. Chris Kreple

Chris Kreple New Member

All of this is sold to a WERA forum member. Thanks for looking.

3. jcivince

jcivince Well-Known Member

Sweet!

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

If whoever bought this doesn't need all of those parts lmk. I could use a couple things. Thanks!
    !

5. stimpee

stimpee Active Member

I am the "lucky guy" who picked up this giant pile o' stuff. I am not even sure what is all there yet, let alone what I need of it, but will be working thru that in the coming weeks.

Trying to build at least one bike out of it which will put my son and I on identical bikes for coaching for STT, and have some good stock of spares.

PM me and let me know what you are looking for, and I will assess vs the stuff I at least KNOW we want/need.

If nothing else, we got a fun road trip out of it!

6. jcivince

I was the original collector - let me know questions and I might be able to help with ID'ing & info.

7. stimpee

stimpee Active Member

Noted!

I will certainly have some questions about the engines, and some of the additional parts like pistons, cams, cylinder head, etc.

Honestly when I went to pick up the stuff, there was more there than we had anticipated, and at this point we just unloaded and stacked all of the crap in my existing small detached garage while I am in the middle of building a new shop. The 2001 750 roller will be built into a track bike for my oldest son, and then hoping to maybe build one of the other frames into a backup bike as well (knowing it will require adding some more parts).

What do you know about the Durrani wheels? Looks like they went out of business. Do you think they are "safe" to use on the track?

I will PM you!

8. jcivince

Yeah, there really is a lot of stuff. I can tell you what I know about the engines but I never ran any of them - just collected them!

Regarding the Durrani wheels, that's a tough call. I'm speaking strictly for myself but I intended to use them. Some people might think that would be stupid but that's what I was planning. Same as Marchesini magnesium wheels, maybe get them x-rayed to check for micro-cracking to give a greater degree of confidence?