1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 Race / Track Bike - $2,000 OBO

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Stettnichs, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

Up for grabs is a 2000 Yamaha YZF R6 race / track bike. This would be a great track day machine or starting platform for the 90's Cup class through the Central Roadracing Association.

The odometer reads 3,629 miles. The previous owner said the bike was built for track days since new and claimed the miles are original. To support this claim the bike does come with the manufacturer's certificate of origin, meaning the bike has never been registered or licensed for the street. Honestly, I have no way to confirm the miles are original.

In general, this is a very simple track build:

- Race bodywork (not perfect, but has been repaired and is in decent shape overall; it's definitely able to be raced as-is; all freshly painted white)
    - Stainless steel braided brake lines
    - Pro-Tek rearsets
    - Aftermarket clip-ons
    - Factory Pro right side oil pump cover with built-in slider
    - Reinforced left side case cover
    - Keyless gas cap
    - Delrin frame sliders
    - D&D slip-on exhaust
    - Safety-wired for the track

The carbs were recently gone through by Kyle at 2K Motorsports in March of 2020. The bike fires right up and runs well.

In general I would say it could use a little TLC and would recommend replacing some of the common wear items such as tires, chain, sprockets, and fluids. Overall, it wouldn't take much to get this bike back ripping at the track.

Selling for $2,000 or best offer. Currently the bike is located in Paullina, IA. I may be willing to meet for delivery for a serious buyer. Please comment below or private message me for more details. I can send additional photos via email or text after messaging me. I always have a hard time uploading photos to this forum. Thanks for looking!

2. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member