1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Aprilia RS250 Cup - $4900

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by knarlydog, Sep 4, 2016.

1. knarlydog

knarlydog Well-Known Member

With some sadness I am selling my ApriliaRS250. I am the 2nd owner and have owned the bike since 2004. These days when I do ride, I ride my TZ250 so the Aprilia needs a good home. The bike is in excellent condition with all original bodywork and still has the oil injection system intact. There is a scuff on the left side lower from a low side at Barber. Purchase includes brand new OEM lower (see pics).

I’ve done a complete motor overhaul with new welded OEM crank (not a rebuild), new cylinders, new power valves, new top end (pistons, rings, wrist pins), new carbon reeds. The motor has about 4 hours on it since the rebuild and is completely cycled and worked in. The bike also has Penske 8987 triple clicker rear shock, Computrak built front end with race tech internals, full arrow exhaust/expansion chambers, Barnett carbon clutch pack & Gilles-like chain adjusters. The Pirelli Superbike slicks (SC1 front, SC2 rear) have 4 hours on them as well.

The bike also has some pedigree. I used this bike to set the Modified Production landspeed record at Bonneville in 2007 which held until 2011. Bike is fully safety wired and ready for the track. I have the MSO assigned to me and the sale history. Let me know and I can send more detailed pics.

Thanks,

Bill -
    SM_20160626_132322.jpg sm-20160626_132301.jpg rs250-1.jpg SM-20160626_132013.jpg rs250-2.jpg

2. white wings

white wings Well-Known Member

Location please and cash only?

3. knarlydog

Bike is located in Boston (will edit post..). Cash is great and faster but I can do paypal or bank check etc with proper clearing time.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sexy!

5. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

I own one of these and just cannot resist how fast did it go?

6. pjkraemer

pjkraemer Member

PMed you.

Nice bike ... very interested.

7. knarlydog

At Bonneville? 121.78MPH, remember the salt flats are at high altitude so HP's are always down there. I also had the bike jetted pretty fat on my record runs, not enough time to hone down on the jetting. Once I made a record pass down range, I made the confirmation up-range run (Average of both runs have to be something like 2% faster than the previous record). Bike still had more speed in it between gearing and jetting, but you only get a handful of runs for the whole event. Best plan (according to the experts there) you make a record pass, you go for it then and there as you never know if you'll get another go that year.

8. knarlydog

Bump d'bump

9. knarlydog

****Sale Pending****

10. knarlydog

****SOLD****