1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2-way Rider to Pit Communication System

Discussion in 'Race Gear and Accessories For Sale' started by G.Rand, Sep 6, 2018.

1. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

Rugged Radio 2-Way Rider to Pit Communication System allows the rider to communicate with his pit via a helmet mic and earplugs worn by the rider to a headset and mic worn by the pit crew.Rider has a "push to talk" button on his handlebar that feeds communication to a 2 way radio mounted on the bike. Works great for endurance racing.

Used for 1 season, all items are complete and in excellent condition. All instructions are included. Spare and replacement parts are still available through Rugged Radio.
    Everything works -- included in the carrying case is:

(2) 2 way radios
    (2) radio chargers
    (2) radio holsters and antennas
    (1) Push to Talk button system
    (1) Helmet mic
    (1) set of in ear helmet headphones
    (1) Helmet to PTT comm cord
    (1) Pit headset with mic
    (1) carrying case

450.00 - shipped to any state in the continental US

Gregg
    323-646-2004 (cell or text)

Radio System 1.jpg

2. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

UHF or vhf ?

3. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

The transceiver units are Vertex Standard VX-231 - G7-5, which operate between 450-520 MHz, which would make them UHF.

4. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

5. racerx43

Which tracks have you tested these at? Have these been hopped up or standard sets?
    Thx - trying to see if this setup is better than what I have which has dead zones at Mid Ohio and Road America

6. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

I've used the system at all of the So Cal tracks, including Willow Springs (big track 2.8 miles), Streets of Willow, Buttonwillow, Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.... as well Las Vegas, Pahrumph, and at the "full" track at Miller / Utah Motorsports complex in Tooele, UT (which is a 4.48 mile course) without incident. I think Utah would be the most challenging because of how big the facility is -- and I never had interference or trouble communicating with this system there.
    I'm not familiar with Mid-Ohio or Road America, so I couldn't give you a fair performance assessment of this system under those track conditions -- but would imagine hills, buildings, trees, etc. could all contribute to signal challenges in any system.
    I worked with Corey Sarros 's tech to help me set the system up initially (some of you may be familiar with him) and believe he was using the same system.
    I haven't "hopped" this system up ( don't know how), but do know that when I bought this in 2012 from Rugged Radios it was their top of the line system (and spent north of 900.00 on it).

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hell, I just want this thing so somebody can tell me my tires are "matched perfect and staggered special" from the pit wall while I'm riding around......

8. racerx43

Lol

9. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

425.00 shipped, within CONUS...