1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2-stroke newbie...

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Waterboy, Jan 13, 2018.

1. sbrokerboy

sbrokerboy Well-Known Member

You’ll be much faster on the TZ, part of it is not that you have been racing but how to ride a 2 stroke, it is much different than the 4 strokes. I have a full WGP 250 Honda kit motor, eventually I will put it in the next bike i build, but I ride a stock NXA RS250, I could put the kit cylinders and pistons in it, but I don’t. I even run it a little rich, and have the squish pretty conservatively set up. No craze advance on the timing either. I just ride it.

Ride it and you will be amazed at how fast you are on it once you get used to the power delivery.

It’s fun to come out of a corner drafting the 600’s. :)

Waterboy likes this.
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Be ready to down shift ALOT as you enter corners or it will just go blaaaaa instead of driving out like it can.

Waterboy likes this.
  3. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

So, finally rode the TZ in anger (lol) at Cycle Jam and have to say, it;s the most fun i've ever had on a race bike. Cant wait to ride it next weekend at PIRC :)

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Nice!! That is a beautiful bike and always looks like a ton of fun to be on a proper race bike.