1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2/9/01 Practice

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Seg, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Seg

Seg New Member

Well, I just picked up the new Mikunis from Lyn... nice guy. Of course, while I was there I picked his brain for about an hour. Anyway, it looks like I'll be able to make the Feb. 9th practice at Talladega - anyone else going?

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

it looks like I'll be able to make the Feb. 9th practice at Talladega - anyone else going?[/B][/QUOTE]

Of course I'll be there! Eric Cook will be there and Jens I think. There will be some vintage stuff, dont worry Seg- [​IMG]

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no. I still have a lot to do with my "new" bike. Just barely got the new rolling chassis completed. Now to make a complete wiring harness, make new brake, clutch and throttle cables, tear apart the carbs and rebuild them, fabricate rear-sets, Kreme the tank (no battles with rust fouling my carbs this year!), design and lay a new fiberglass seat, make a dash for the tach, rebuild the forks, rework the shocks, and safety wire everything. Then if I have time I still need to build a motor but chances are I'll just have to run last years. Oh yea, let's not forget that I have to make an ignition unit as well.

Looks like I'll be busy for most of this weekend. [​IMG]

4. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

YEP ILL BE THERE,BEEN COUNTING THE DAYS.

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Almost have the rearsets finished, although they're not all aluminum (but still goood looking and functional). There are some clearance issues with the pipes and not really knowing how your feet rest on the pegs so I'm making some that can be easily modified until I know exactly what your foot position is and what will work best for you. Didn't do jack with your fairing... weathers been too humid and cold to paint.

I have noticed the work you put into your motor... damn son, that buffer of yours has been doing some overtime on the cases, eh?

Anyway, you'll be looking good and smokin come pracice day.

6. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Jens You da man.Now if i can just learn how to ride the darn thang,ill be smokin.

7. Seg

Seg New Member

Y'all planning on hooking up somewhere before the practice... get a little breakfast, shoot the s%*@#, whatever?

8. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME JUST LET ME KNOW WERE YOU GUYS WANNA HOOK UP AT AND WHAT TIME.

9. footwork

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME JUST LET ME KNOW WERE YOU GUYS WANNA HOOK UP AT AND WHAT TIME.

I wish I could think about that. I can't make any decisions until my bike is ready, and right now I'm with Diesel... and to top it all
    off I sheared off a motor mount bolt on the SV
    [​IMG]

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

SV! What are you doing messing with a modern bike?! Getting too soft to race vintage? (Let's see how many non-vintage guys read this section of the BBS). [​IMG]

11. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

There's at least 1 that I know of... [​IMG]

Charlie Mc WERA#90 Ex
    '99 tz250 (modern, soft bike)

12. footwork

13. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

LOL! Just keepin' my eyes on you guys. Like I would any group I suspect just isn't quite right in the head, knowhatimean?

Charlie Mc #90

14. footwork

I suspect just isn't quite right in the head, knowhatimean?

And your the one with 6 foot iguanas runnin around your house, its you most of us are worried about! [​IMG]

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i read it too, but i have a vintage bike. i just run in modern classes

16. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Do i qualify?

17. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Aren't you too old NOT to be considered vintage?
    [​IMG]

18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

HEY!!! Watch it!! I resemble that remark!!
    [​IMG]

19. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

ALRIGHT SEG ARE YOU READY FOR NEXT WEEKEND HAVE'NT HEARD FROM YA IN A WHILE,HOWS THE BIKE COMING.

20. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

When I have mechanical problems I always come over to this board and when I'm finished reading....my problems don't seem so big anymore [​IMG]