1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Yamaha TZ250 4TW

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by motion, Jul 11, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

More funding needed for rental business expansion!

I have a very, very nice 4TW available. I purchased this bike in 2015 from a Southern California racer. It had been raced recently. I have done absolutely nothing to the bike, so it is still in as-raced condition. Overall its in excellent shape. The tank is flawless save for a very small dimple (about 1/8" across). The bodywork is very good, but has a few imperfections here and there such as chips and scuffs. Normal racetrack wear. It has been stored in a heated storage facility with very low humidity here in Montana.

It has 190 miles on the top end and MCE racing crank. 2003 bodywork and airbox conversion. Includes PitBull rear stand, but no spares.

Hi-res photo album: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...bHG_J84X7jGrNU

Price is $16,500 or best offer.

You can send your shipper here to my home in Red Lodge, Montana or I can deliver to one of several freight forwarders in Billings, Montana for attachment to a crate.

Please PM me with any questions. Thank you!

IMG_6537.jpg IMG_6551.jpg IMG_6542.jpg IMG_6550.jpg IMG_6530.jpg IMG_6534.jpg

2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sweet paint job! Good luck with sale.

motion likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

AC1108 and britx303 like this.
  4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'm copying your epic description and warning in the craigslist ad for future enjoyment and smiles after the ad disappears.

This bike is a bonafide weapon of mass destruction and is not for chickenshits. If you don't know what it is, don't send me moronic questions. Do your research. If you're still man enough, or crazy enough, after learning what this lunatic machine is capable of, you may send me a message.

It does not have a kickstand. It cannot be made street legal. It does not idle. It does not have electric start, or even a kick starter. It doesn't have any goddam electronics. Fuel is $20 a gallon and if you know how to operate the throttle, you'll burn thru that in about 6 minutes. If you're a fat bastard, you won't be able to fit on it. What it will do is scare the living crap out of you when the power comes on and the thing tries to twist itself into a knot, all while the front end is clawing for the upper reaches of the atmosphere while hurtling you down a race track at 150mph +.

If you haven't soiled your shorts by now, read on.

I purchased this bike in 2015 from a Southern California racer. It had been raced recently. I have done absolutely nothing to the bike, so it is still in as-raced condition. Overall its in excellent shape. The tank is flawless save for a very small dimple (about 1/8" across). The bodywork is very good, but has a few imperfections here and there such as chips and scuffs. Normal racetrack wear. It has been stored in a heated storage facility with very low humidity here in Montana.

It has 190 miles on the top end and MCE racing crank. 2003 bodywork and airbox conversion. Includes PitBull rear stand, but no spares.

Hi-res photo album: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...bHG_J84X7jGrNU

Price is $16,500 or best offer.

You can send your shipper here to my home in Red Lodge, Montana or I can deliver to one of several freight forwarders in Billings for attachment to a crate.

If you hang with trackday buddies who pretend to ride those goddamn Panigale V4Rs or gheyass "Gixxer" 1000's, this would be a fine tool for you to humiliate them. Now, if you're a shit-for-brains with more money than smarts, I hope I've made it clear that you do not belong on this righteous motorcycle. If you ignore my advice, do so at your own peril.

By now I've terrified 99% of you, which is fine. I'd rather keep this bike than hear about some moron killing himself on it. Good bye.

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Love it.

6. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Did not soil myself but pissed myself laughing at this!

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sale pending

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Off-topic, but if I ever find my way to Montana can I boondock in your backyard?

That view!!

ToofPic likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Of course. It is pretty nice :) But, we do have mountain lions, wolves and grizzlies occasionally come through the yard.

ToofPic and NemesisR6 like this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm lowering the price to $14,500. This bike is still for sale. I have an Ebay buyer but he is not cooperating on payment.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Entertaining offers!

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I bet the offers are damn entertaining. :crackup:

GLWS - that thing is awesome.

motion likes this.
  13. Raging inferno

Raging inferno Well-Known Member

Edited: Ad answered my question.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Price reduced to $12,000

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

To the top!

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$11,500

17. parillaguy

parillaguy vintage+GP racer

I can't believe this bike hasn't sold. Price is well under market value and the 4TW model is the best of the TZ line. If I wasn't a Honda RS guy, I would scoop this one up quickly!

418 and motion like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm amazed also. This bike is immaculate. Real value is somewhere around 14-16K. Usually the Canadians/Brits/Euros snap these right up, but the dollar is too strong right now.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

SOLD

galloway840, 418 and L8RSK8R like this.
  20. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Thank you jesus, temptation averted!

motion and 418 like this.