1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1996 RS85 question

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Noam Ben-Hamou, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Noam Ben-Hamou

Noam Ben-Hamou Active Member

Hello,
    I recently bought an RS125 with a CR85 motor 1996 chasis.
    I rode it on the track, and the header cracked. (attached)
    Overall, the whole exhaust system is in really bad shape.

Is this whole exhaust system (header to muffler) all custom made for because of the CR85 motor or is it the exact same as the OEM one for the RS125?

I know I can take it to a welder, but I'd rather just replace the whole thing, any suggestions are much appreciated :)
    Noam

Attached Files:

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It's all custom. Tommy Crawford used to do a lot of them out here on the west coast, but from what I understand he no longer does them. There was a company in Texas that made custom 2 stroke pipes, maybe someone can chime in, I don't remember there name. I will also call a couple people and see what I can find out.

A guy that repaired a pipe for me by removing dents, said this was a bigger job than he wanted to tackle. He suggested that possibly bills pipes would do something? Evidently he taught FMF and others how to build pipes back in the day. http://billspipes.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=66

3. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Jemco in Houston

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

+1

That is definitely the company I was thinking of I just couldn't remember their name.