1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 RS125 with 65cc engine

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Henway64, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Henway64

Henway64 Member

Hi all,
    This bike is very well developed.
    Ask any questions you have!
    If it doesn't sell I'll consider putting the 125 engine back in it and selling the 65 separately.
    I can possibly deliver it to Northern CA in addition to SoCal.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Honda-Other/113601989726

Attached Files:

2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

What do you want for it with the 125 motor ?

1995 was the first year for the NX4, right?

3. Henway64

Henway64 Member

Yes, 95 is the first year for the new chassis. I'm selling it with everything and the 125cc engine on eBay on one auction.

4. xTomKx

xTomKx Well-Known Member

Post a link

5. Henway64

Henway64 Member

6. Henway64

Henway64 Member

7. Henway64

Henway64 Member

1995 RS125 with KX65 Engine JR01-9510115

Very well sorted engine and suspension for 170 pound (with gear) rider capable of winning championships

• RS125 frame not modified in any way whatsoever, so original engine can go back in without any modification.

• All parts from original RS125 and engine are included. I started the RS125 once to ensure the engine started and it did. I immediately took the engine out to prepare for the KX65 engine. All parts needing modification were made on spare parts, so all original parts remain intact and factory Honda.

• KX65 engine cases were modified by adding aluminum spars to match the asymmetric mounts on the frame.

• Custom titanium axle nuts and washers, titanium front springs, and some other titanium on bike.

• Aluminum fasteners holding beautiful bodywork.

• Fully floating front rotor, Brembo master cylinder, folding brake handle.

• 2 extra rotors, 2 extra master cylinders, several brake and clutch levers. Custom small brake reservoir. Recently rebuilt rear master cylinder seals, and all brake fluids have been replaced and have less than an hour on them, though they are now a year old.

• Several spare throttles/pulls.

• Spare good cylinder and good piston.

• Unused aftermarket head with inserts to alter compression.

• MyChron3 Gold which logs head and water temp, rpm, and speed. You can calibrate it to show correct gearing easily, so it shows what gear you’re in, and you can download all your info. I have all my gearing and historical information from races in Excel files, as well as lap times and best times listed so you can know what to expect.

• Dyno charts provided for current layout, can include development exhaust test run data.

• Mostly silicone coolant hoses.

• Thermostat with T in it which proportions coolant when cold. When you run it in cold weather you don’t need to cover half the radiator or worry about cold-seizing it (within reason, take a warm-up lap for your tires, too).

• Radiator fins protected from damage on front and back with copper screen.

• My 3rd iteration expansion chamber/pipe welded up from conical sections to maximize hp over large rpm range and not be peaky.

• Several spare exhausts and lots of pipe parts.

• Spare carburetor.

• Custom crash protectors on sides.

• Engine internals are stock KX65 and unmodified (only the cases are modified).

• VForce intake, spare carbon reeds.

• Thermoplastic temperature isolator for intake air.

• Carbon fiber rear tire hugger

• Custom bespoke sprocket carrier

• Lots of 415 custom fronts and RS rear gears, new chain.

• Rear shock bearing underneath to reduce stiction.

• Spare rear shock.

• Spare footpegs and different footpeg mount shapes.

• Spare set of scruffy bodywork

• Spare upper/lower in white gel-coat crashed once but otherwise perfect

Front fork jack, footpeg jack, swingarm jack, tie-downs, and dedicated traveling mount for holding bike by rear tire (it’s connected to a seat bottom from a MPV van now but it can be removed).

Stainless bike service stand on wheels made to fit this bike and elevate it about 20”.

Dedicated tool boxes with RS parts in one box and KX in the other.

Dedicated 2 stroke fuel mixing jug.

It would be relatively easy to modify it to make the KX65 to be faster.

Other than changing consumables, the engine has been bulletproof and has never needed any fix and nothing has broken.

This is absolutely everything you need to race and maintain a bike which likely exceeds your ability. A turn-key winner.

Can deliver anywhere in San Diego county. Can also deliver up to Bay area.

8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

Did I miss the price?

9. Henway64

Henway64 Member

10. Henway64

Henway64 Member

11. Henway64

Henway64 Member