1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 xr600r/650l hybrid

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Stumpy, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I have 701 fever and I need to move some other things before I can make that happen.
    Selling my 94 XR/XRL. First things first, the engine is going to need attention. The last time I was on it I could feel a new vibration that was consistent with engine speed not ground speed. It wasn't a big paint-shaking, earth-quaking, vibe-riding experience, but I noticed it where I hadn't before. It is using some oil and the residue of that can be seen on the rear fender. I suspect valve seals but I have not dug in to be sure. It still fires up and runs strong but I'm not going to risk riding it any more. It needs at least a new rear tire and probably a front soon. I have a takeoff rear that the buyer is welcome to have that I just never got around to swapping. No blinkers currently mounted.

Now that that is out of the way, lets talk about the rest.
    The chassis is all XR600R. R frame, R forks, R shock, R wheels (new front wheel bearings), R swingarm, R brakes. You get the picture. It is titled in Georgia as an XR650L and that title is clean and in hand. I don't know the history of the change as I purchased it that way and the VIN on the frame matches the title.

The farkle list is fairly high on this so I'll just list them here:
    Seat Concepts first gen cover and foam in good shape
    XR400 oil cooler
    XR400 front fender (I think)
    Acerbis natural 5.8 gal tank in great shape
    XRs Only red anodized front sprocket cover
    FMF Q4 with bung for o2 sensor
    Shorai battery under seat on top of airbox
    Ignitech programmable ignition
    37mm FCR carb from yz250f with proper adapters setup to dotcom settings
    kickstarter as well as e-start
    Bar risers to adapt Pro Taper contour bars in ATV mid bend
    BRP bar clamps with integrated handguard mounts
    Enduro Engineering aluminum handguards and shields
    Pro Taper aluminum throttle tube
    Aftermarket mirrors. I'm not sure what kind. I can see behind me with them, which is good in a mirror in case you are wondering. They're bulky but I consider them carry-on.
    ebay cheap wide footpegs that may be the best bang for the buck in the XR world
    frame guards - UFO maybe?
    All white plastic
    larger foot welded on to kickstand
    supersprox rear sprocket and 650R front sprocket - chain could stand to be replaced, getting some kinky links
    The sexiest thing on the whole bike is the wind screen. Tiger 800 screen modified to fit and braced to the BRP clamp. It is solid and it makes highway time pretty nice. I planned to ad a bit more of a dash to mount GPS and other crap that I probably didn't need. I didn't get around to that. Sorry.

The engine is part 600R (as seen in the kickstarter portion of the program) and mostly 650L. I'm not sure how mixed up it is on the inside because I didn't build it. I don't know what bore or piston or gearset is in it. I know it runs very strong and will top out at 91 on GPS as configured.

Spares that go with it when it goes:
    Full set of suspension - forks and shock. The forks are the earlier ones that had the smaller axle and the drain plugs. Neither is perfect but they work. I just got a deal on a newer set that had very little time so I swapped them. I also have the smaller front axle, nut, and bearing spacer to go with the forks.
    Stock red handguards and a slightly modified stock red rear fender.
    Spare set of fork boots. They were on the original forks but they don't appear to be OEM.
    2 top triple clamps - 1 aftermarket billet clamp for oversized bars and one modified stock clamp.
    A DOT stamped LED headlight to replace the stock light - was on my list to mount next but was going to wait to get an LED tail light first and get LED blinkers (I have a set of those that can go, too)
    Stock speedo/odo that reads 15486. I have no idea if that is correct as the cable was broken when I got it. I've been using a GPS speedo phone app instead. I have put 5-6k miles on it since I have had it so I would put the total mileage somewhere between 21 and 25k as a guess.
    NIB Acewell speedo/tach/etc specifically for the XR with the proper sensor cable to read from the stock front wheel drive.
    cables for the Ignitech
    Stock ignition that showed no problems before replacing with the Ignitech
    Modified Mikuni TM non pumper carb with motion pro throttle - removed to try the FCR and never wanted to put back on. the FCR worked so much better for me
    XR650L stock tank that does not actually fit due to the 600R frame
    assorted wiring, engine mounts, stuff that goes with the bike
    Printed Honda repair manual and owners manual

Honestly, I like this bike. I bought this bike to setup to do some long trips like the TAT and to do some rallies like sandblast. I came to realize that I don't like the ergonomics of the bike when riding aggressive and standing. I never came to a good compromise between the seat/bar/footpeg relationship to be comfortable pushing. It is awesome when seated and cruising dirt roads. My next move was to swap the front end for something that put the bar clamps ahead of the steering stem to see if that helped. However, since it is seeming to need some love installed (don't we all) I'm going to move on and get a new 701 and try to do a little more riding and a little less wrenching.

The bike is in Brunswick, GA and I'm looking to get $1500 for it and all the spares like it sits. I'm firm on that price. If I can't get that I'll part it out. I can help with delivery in the southeast for gas money. Email for pics. Questions/comments welcome via PM or to [email protected].

2. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

3. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'll add the same thing here that I did on advrider.
    If someone here wants to buy before next Friday I'll throw in the entire front end from the Yz250f I'm parting for no added charge. Up to you to mount it but most of the parts would be there for the usd conversion.

4. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

deposit taken

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dang

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice