1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 gsx-r1100

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by bigtwin100, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bigtwin100

bigtwin100 Well-Known Member

Clear title.
    -40K miles but motor was rebuilt at some point. It runs very nice. I have no paper work on the rebuild
    -38mm CV carbs with brand new Factory jet kit specifically for running 750 carbs on the 1100 (see Factory Pro Website for info)
    -Brand new shock rebuild from traxxion dynamics on the stock rear shock with new spring (Have receipt, was over $300, zero time on it since rebuild)
    -New Airtech 88-90 750 one peice race tail with a good 750 seat ( I have the complete stock tail section also which is nice condition).
    -shorter dogbones installed with custom spacers machined (to run the 1100 dog bones on the 750 swingarm) to raise the rear ride height. Very clean
    -Pingel petcock
    -750 gauges but have the 1100 gauges with the accurate mileage showing.
    -New throttle cable
    -New SS braided clutch line
    -New SS front brake lines
    -V&H SS2R on it that is in decent condition, it has a gutted muffler from the previous owner

I know I'm forgetting stuff but it is somewhat of a very light project. I say light because it needs tires, some turn signal wiring sorted, sprockets, fork seals and some small things that are not a very big deal. Stock tank, upper and mids and tail are in very nice condition, no lowers. The tank mounting bolts are broken off in the frame and need to be extracted, I got it this way and haven't gotten around to it yet but it's no biggie. Other than that she is almost ready for the road. I got it as a runner but just wanted to make it real nice. Looking at another project right now that I can't say no too and need the room. I'll throw in some brand new clip ons, new sprocket cush drive rubbers, tail light if you want to run the 88-90 tail, new plugs and spare coils and some other things I have that I can't remember right now. I will have the rear caliper and brake line installed this weekend, the pic show's it off. Asking $2250

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

nice bike! good luck with the sale.

3. shepherd1

shepherd1 Member

Definitively wish I had the money very nice bike.:up:

4. bigtwin100

thanks guy's:up:

5. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

where ya located bub?

6. bigtwin100

ooops I'm in NJ

7. bigtwin100

Having the forks seals done and new springs as we speak.

8. bigtwin100

open to offers or trades. Anyone have an 86 GSXR???

9. bigtwin100

Bump. New fork seals and springs installed, GSXR750 front master cylinder, Tail light mounted and New rear brake pads. make offer

10. bigtwin100

11. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Very nice!

Too bad you're so far up north ( I'm in Fl).
    Good luck & free bump!

12. bigtwin100

13. bigtwin100

also would trade for an F2 or F3 race bike with a clean title that could be streetable:beer:

I just installed EBC Pro lite rotors and buyer has a choice between SS2R or Full Yosh SS exhaust (I know no brainer lol)

14. bigtwin100

looking for a 91 F2:beer:

15. Yankee Bravo

Yankee Bravo Well-Known Member

Very interesting... you got current pics with new brakes and exhaust installed?

16. bigtwin100

I'll take some this week and post up. It currently has the SS2R on it. The EBC's have blue carriers on them.

17. bigtwin100

Offers?

18. bigtwin100

more pics

Attached Files:

19. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

pm sent

20. bigtwin100