1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 aprillia 125/250 nos, price check

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by SpeedyE, Jan 20, 2019.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have no money, i am just curious.

My old childhood, and later wera friend from the dinosaur days in 1991 bought a nib 125-gp and 250 gp privateer bikes, delivered to him from italy. They came as a package deal from apprilia in 1991. Full spares for both.
    He rode the 125 only one weekend, locally in amatuer. The 250 has never had fuel in the tank, is as was delivered to him.
    Both bikes wear factory paint(primer?), no stickies/etc. They are museum pieces. They been stored since 91 in his home. Havent seen him in maybe 10yrs, I almost wanna go over there just to see them.
    JUst out of curiosity, are they collectable?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Very collectible.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. SpeedyE

I maybe go over there sometime this year and take pics.
    I rmeember last time I was over there (2005?), we were looking at them and he popped the gas cap on the 250, and there was like a honeycomb (or something) inside the tank, he said to keep the fuel from sloching. It was cool, i had never seen that before. They covered in dust.

4. SpeedyE

His parents bought him the bikes (same as mine), we were just kids at the time. He also had/has a multi-owner 86 RS250GP which I got to race one weekend, and he also has a NIB 90 TZ250 , that he only raced 1 or maybe 2 weekedns before putting it away. He let m,e race the TZ for 1 sprint, in 90. Really great guy, rich family, had aquired tons of cool bikes in 88-91, then he quit riding. he still have them all. He would get a new bike, race it once or twice, then get another one, on and on. has gsxr750ltd too.

I nneed to go over and say hi and take/post pics this year.

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Let me know if the TZ is for sale

6. SpeedyE

He come from generations of old/educated money, i doubt he would need to sell any of it. I will ask when i go see him/bikes this summer.

I could be wrong on the yrs. My memory not perfect anymore. TZ could be 91, and Aprillias could be 92. I know the TZ was 1 of 20 realeased to privateers that yer, and it was same year johnny kosinski was racing one, if that helps. The aprrilias were bought the following yer. i believe the aprrilias were from the first year they made the 125.
    90 or 91 TZ, and 91 or 92 aprilias. bikes are one year apart.

7. SpeedyE

I just looked up 'kosinski' and 'aprilia 125'.
    RS is a 1986. TZ is a 1990, and aprilais are 1991. 100%.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He probably won't want to sell them, but we would all appreciate photos!

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

Yes, I have no omoney and cant ride anymore from injury so i not interested in buying, but definately want to go take phots and post pics :)

The RS was repainted/crashed/raced/etc, but the TZ is factory white, no paint or stickies, the apprilias I cnt remember what color (I want to say flat black,, but dont really remember, maybe just guessing), but never painted/stickied.....all three are absolute NIB OEM musueum pieces.

10. SpeedyE

Here is me on the RS in Wera 1989 or 90. I was white plate and that is not my wera number, but it is me, so i dont know how that was worked out at the time in tech/etc that weekend. i think i got a 2nd on it in one race. It was funner bike than my inline 600/750, tyhe tz was way better than the rS.

[​IMG]

pscook likes this.
  11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

take pics...

one of my old drifting buddies comes from a motorbike racing family of sorts. his dad raced way back when, his brother ran FX i think? anyways... they own a medical equipment machining business, but in their shop are like 3 or 4 race cars, dad races whatever B-spec or something, as does my friend, and my friend is still drifting so there's 1 or 2 240's sitting in there, and then like 20 motorbikes in some form or another. 916 race bike in his office with notebooks stacked on it. a few other ducs and guzzis, some TLs, an old GSXR750 that used to be a race bike, but the gem that makes me sad is a RS250 Cup bike. its literally been sitting on stands, with flat tires, covered in dust, since i've known him... which is now going on 16 years, and probably sitting even longer. i've tried so many times to snag it. i think his dad is gonna hoard it all until he dies one day. i wanna give it a home... he won't budge.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. SpeedyE

WOW! I hate to see beautiful things hidden away from enthusiasts.
    I have current medical problems, and it is semi-far drive for me, if/when i get better I will go take many many pics of all of his stuff. I have been thinking about these bikes for the last 6 months.

Sad story:
    I know where and have personally seen and actually touched the "Darth Vetter" Mystery-Ship bike locally. The 'missing' 1 of the 6 Vetters, the rarest of them all, the black one. It's under a tarp, w/ decades of dust on it :( Hidden away from enthusiasts. All Vetter enthusiasts (including Jay Leno) searching for it's whereabouts, to end the Vetter chapter, but it's whereabouts stays hidden, purposefully........ :( Makes no sense to me :(

Its the black one in the photo taken at Vetter's shop in the early 1980's
    Wes Cooley's blue/white Yoshimura GS1000 sits right next to it, no tarp, covered in dirty dust :( I never tell where they are (promised), but it makes me sad :(
    The owner is a friend and on on the beeb, so I not tell where, i just tell of my sadness.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019