1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 Ninja ZX7 Fox rear shock, frame, swingarm, engine, etc

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by Schump, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

I no longer ride as I've destroyed my femur when another ride cut me off 11 years ago, 14 motorcycle related leg surgeries a knee replacement, a "free case of MRSA," and finally a knee re-replacement makes it so.

I have a 1990 Ninja ZX7 sans title F/S. Trailer accident tucked the forks which I tgrew away. Here's the big things that are left:

-Fox twin clicker remote reservoir rear shock & spring. [I don't know if Bob Fox sold color coded springs, this one is dark blue.]
    (I will get specs from Fox to see if it will fit any other bikes, though I know that the 1989 & 1990 ZX7 shared the same chassis and swingarm.)

-Carbs and Airbox

-Frame

-Swingarm

-Rear Wheel

-Sprockets

-Engine with 8,900 miles. (I need to make sure it still turns over, and don't flame me for posting, if someone wants it, I'll go back over there next weekend and make sure it still turns over, then hopefully meet the buyer at my storage unit after I confirm its worth.)
    Note: The right side crank angle sensor cover is broken and I believe missing. I know I could fabricate a replacement, I work in a stainless steel and aluminum machine shop.

-Rear brake system

-Gas tank and petcock. I have replaced the petcock gasket and o-rings amd the tank does not leak though it does have a tank slapper dent in the right side. (Good for the track if yours is trashed.)

-Front wheel - (I should be able to get this from my old PA landlord Skip Tirpok who used to race a Ninja 250 @ Summit Point eons ago. I let him use itnto mock up the 2005 ZX636 front fork & calipers i had bought to graft onto my ZX7 which he will now add to his "Widowmaker" aka 1972 Kawi H2 750 triple 2 stroke street legal BEAST.)

If you need other stuff, let me know, I'll keep a list and check for its existence and condition next time I'm out there.

Thanks!

(Pix will beposted, at least of the shock, once I reduce their size.)

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Can you measure mount to mount and hose length on thw shock.

3. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

Sure. Right now the bike is complete, save for the front end. Pretty sure it's sitting on the headers up front. Do u want compressed or uncompressed length? (I'm an hour and 20 min E of it now in Annapolis, I'll call Fox tmrw to see if I can get specs w/o making a research trip.) :)

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The normal stagnant length. If Fox can give you compressed and extended, I can work with it.

5. jarro weymar

jarro weymar New Member

is the rear shock still available?