1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1976 Yamaha XS650

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by james walker, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Ramsey

Ramsey Member

Now that's what I call true love!..Much Luck

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out gents!:beer:

Dang, now THATS some Walker luck right there........This add and another add were up for awhile, with little response (no reflection on the bike whatsoever IMO, I was as confused as Walker) THEN he gets a second hit as he's closing the deal:crackup: .....that's frikkin walker luck right there :Poke:

I'll look for you at the next AHRMA round I attend Vance, good luck sir.....say hello to Mike Wells for me.

3. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Ramsey, I have a XS650 racebike I would like to sell. Was waiting for James to sell his...

4. Ramsey

Ramsey Member

james walker likes this.
  5. Ramsey

Ramsey Member

Very Cool Steve , would love some details, Thanks

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

Good meeting you too, Paul. 1305 miles in 21 hours. You forgot to mention the northern most part of your Georgia drive was thru a blizzard and freezing rain. :D

7. vance

vance *

I don’t know how humans survive in that climate :D

james walker likes this.
  8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

newsflash....walker aint human

vance and Shenanigans like this.
  9. vance

vance *

Roy, since you're the man on these XS', what size carbs? Reason for asking is I've got several twins that will go up for sale with some decent go fast parts on them. Would CR35's or 39's improve over stock?

10. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Vance, I am running VM38 on mine. Some of the others run VM40. For AHRMA Sportsman the rules only allow the VM. Not sure on the CR. Anything is better (if set up well) than the stock CVs. If you go to the VM, let me know and I can get you started on the set up. Need to know cam, other mods like porting, and exhaust to make a first shot. In the end, you may have to dyno for a spot on setup.

11. vance

vance *

Several things:
    Googled VM38's and there're relatively inexpensive on eBay, about $100 each. Nothing near the $800 I paid for the CR's.
    For that price, it's probably best to leave the CR's on the bikes for sale and just pic up two VM's. I would have to separate the CR's anyway as they're set up on a rail for the EX500's.
    The bike will definitely go to the dyno before I take it to the track. I'm not knowledgeable enough to chase jetting while at the track.

12. vance

vance *

j) Keihin CR Special carburetors are allowed as like-design on CR750 Hondas (or replicas), maximum 31mm.
    I'm guessing that means no CR's on a Yamaha, plus all of my sets are bigger than 31mm, so that answers that question.
    Thanks

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

bring that thing to homestead I want to see it

14. vance

vance *

I may not have time to get it painted before Homestead but I’ll bring it :beer: