1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1974 Suzuki GT500 Titan restomod 2 stroke BEAST

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by motion, Apr 7, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

IMG_8105.jpg

$9,975 - clear Montana title and current registration. Located in Red Lodge, MT.

Beautiful 1974 Suzuki GT500 resto mod fresh build with only 237 miles from new. Runs perfectly, starts on first kick. This monster is LOUD and RAUCOUS! It smokes, it roars. Kids will run and hide. You will definitely make enemies of your neighbors if they aren't into cool, old motorbikes [​IMG]

Large photos: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/qRJEegN4SECt4hOyRY9aUA.nT0WdAnNMMiCvvRvnPoNCc

Overall, this machine is a thing of beauty and a real pleasure to ride. It scoots really well!

Paint, tank, side covers are all flawless. No damage anywhere on the bike, except for a few scuffs where the kickstarter lightly touches the exhaust.

In the interest of full disclosure, here are my nitpick items on the bike:

The aluminum gauge surround needs a little finishing work. 30 minutes at a machine shop would do it.

There are some overspray drops on the triple clamp area. They spots come off with a fingernail. I'll try to clean those up a bit.

2 strokes leak. This one is no different. There are a couple spots that seep oil slowly. Maybe a drop every few days. Its winter here so I haven't had a chance to torque the exhaust and head bolts yet. Will get to that.

Too many things to list, but here are a few. As you can see this build was no expense spared!

Beautiful blue metallic paint
    Patina badges on tank and side covers
    New Shinko 712 tires and tubes
    Performance coasted piston and ring kit .040" oversize XS Cycle
    Fully ported cylinders bead blasted by Sundial
    GT750 intake ports
    Cometic copper head gaskets
    .040" squished cylinder heads
    Mikuni VM34 carbs with UFOs
    Velocity stacks
    Polished engine bolts and studs
    Jemco chambers with removable baffles nickle plated by Jon Easton
    Factory rods with new SE bearings
    Balanced crank
    Ferodo HP clutch pack with hardened springs
    Legendary GPS tach/speedo
    Akront WM3 18" alloy front and rear wheels with stainless spokes
    Custom tailight with tucked license plate frame bracket
    Titan Performance custom rearsets
    Titan Performance billet chain guard
    Titan Performance mini signals
    Titan Performance headlamp brackets
    Titan Performance billet brake torque arm
    Motion Pro brake cable
    Carbon Mono fully adjustable alloy clip-ons
    CRG Bar End Mirrors
    GP hand grips
    Custom matching cafe seat - triple chromed by Black Hills Plating
    New fuel tap
    New fuel tank, oil tank and side panel
    New oil injection oil lines
    Electronic Transistor Ignition
    New ignition coils
    Shorai lithium ion lightweight battery
    New EBC brake pads front and rear
    New cables, levers
    H4 halogen yellow lens headlight
    New rectifier
    New DID chain
    New JT sprockets 15/33
    Freshly painted enamel black gloss frame
    New plugs, cables, boots, spark plugs

Contact Motoshippers.com for a shipping quote. If needed, I can take it to Billings, MT and deliver to a freight forwarder.

You will fall in love with this very unique and attractive moto. I'm very sad to sell her, but am pairing down my collection to expand my moto rental business, RockyMountainMotos.com

Contact me with any questions you may have.

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

That is a very pretty old smoker.

3. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Very nicely done sir

GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Mother of God.

5. flewid

flewid Well-Known Member

My Dad had one of these way back when I was kid. Loud as f&$@. You jogged some some good memories my friend. Glws!

motion likes this.
  6. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

why you sell you stink wheel. ride the thing.

motion likes this.
  7. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Nice I have a pink 1973! Good luck with the sale. How are the Pipes? Look like Titan performance? Just read full post Jemco. How much are they?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think you could sit on it, kick it alive, blip it a bit, and charge some money on one of those pay to view cam services! That thing is sexy and I' be almost afraid to listen to it.

motion likes this.
  9. grandpanot

grandpanot Well-Known Member

Man you have the coolest bikes! Would live a photo montage of the collection.

motion likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry but I have no idea. I bought the bike like this. I think they're British? Not sure....

Pics of your Barbie T500?

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its so damn obnoxious... I ride it into town on Main St and I'm shrinking in embarrassment. People stop in their tracks from blocks away looking for the source of this alien sound coming down the street. Its really too much :D

12. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I don't remember if my father had this exact model when I was a young boy, but I remember that he had a Suzuki 500cc two stroke with aftermarket expansion chambers. I honestly could hear him coming home from over a half a mile away. :) He tried to tone it down a little with some bolt-on silencers, but I don't think it did much good. Best of luck with the sale, and thanks for helping to stir up some very old memories!

motion likes this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$9500