1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1973 T500 motor rebuild.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Repeater, Nov 7, 2018.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Not sure why, I think I used Google photos for that one? It's a really nicely done, clean custom Titan 500.

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Several sets of Crooks heads made it to the US and Canada early in this century. I had at least two sets, Eric Kalamaja had several, a guy in Ohio purchased some and I know that Kevin Fletcher (who owned a super trick Seeley framed TR 500 replica with a six speed gear box and a modified GT750 crank) had a couple sets as well. They are worlds above the stock head, although I did manage to crack one.

As far as the crankcase stuffers go, I ran a lightened crank with stuffers for one season, but Kevin kept urging me to take them out and "bury them in the backyard for some archaeologist to find". I finally gave in and removed them. The bike ran better over the entire rev range and made more power. YMMV.

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't know, I'm using google on a chromebook, you'd think it would work. :crackup:

4. Danny boy

Danny boy Member

Give me a call if interested the parts I have are true tr 500 from Rodger D
    843 227 3261 or text me and I'll send you pics

5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

** I posted this picture (Since it was in WI) on a WI Motorcycle enthusiasts FaceBook Group

Someone just answered and said it sold last month on 'bring a trailer'?

For 12K USD!

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, just looked at that site. Pretty cool site.
    I found the picture of this custom redone Titan 500, Yep, says it went for 12K!

There were many other rare bikes, selling for HUGE sums also

7. ravedoper

ravedoper Well-Known Member