1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1888FASTLAP New Contingecy!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Jan 22, 2001.

1. wrenn

wrenn Well-Known Member

hey paul, how's the padding??? what materials?, how's it attached?, that sort of stuff... of course most questions i have can be answered by examining the suit. can you have opie, stokes or some other flunkie [​IMG] bring at least one suit to talladega for show/inspection?

2. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Better yet have Brian wear one to crash test in. [​IMG]

3. Lee Acree

Lee Acree Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey Laurie - ever get my email with your identity in it?

5. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Just read the info on Marietta Motorsports' website. Sounds like a great set of leathers. I was expecting something like $1200 - $1300 but to find out they only cost $800 is awesome. Now us thrifty people can have the "hump" too !! [​IMG] The contingency only adds to the deal. I was gonna try to get another year out of the old AGV's but I may just have to retire them to rainy day duty.

6. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that I try to learn from those who are faster and smarter than me. And if there is one thing I learned from your better-half this year, it's race the races where the money is. [​IMG]

I'll still run the solo's for the track time, but it would be a bonus to get a little back.

Roach said he got Bridgestone Bucks for Solo's, so I'm going to have to doublecheck my records to see if I did as well?

7. Paul Wright

Paul Wright Well-Known Member

Tbuilt, we should have all sizes and colors at Daytona, and they run true to size - you don't have to buy one size larger like some brands where the manufacturer uses the least amount of material possible to make the suit.

Wrenn, I could go on for days about what makes a good set of leathers, but I'll save that for an article on 1888fastlap.com. As far as bringing a set to Talladega, that could probably be arranged. Somebody stole my old Vanson suit right out of the store about 2 weeks ago, so I need a new Kobe suit anyway! The Vanson is red/black/white, and it's got my name, Marietta Motorsports, and 1-888-FASTLAP stitched all over it, so if anyone sees someone wearing it, knock 'em down. The reward is $100, or $500 with a receipt showing he had to make a trip to the hospital.

8. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Is this better Mongo Bongo?

9. kawboy

kawboy Guest

I'm an odd size - have never tried on a set of "off the rack" leathers that fit. And I've logged about 4 hours in that pursuit at Daytona where most manufacturers are represented. Finally went custom from Bates (Good quality but lousy service!!!!) but am due for replacement soon. Is custom fitting available? If so, at what aditional cost? HOw about custom lettering or graphics?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Much better! One point though - anyone who is not cute, sweet and female calls me Mongo Bongo I will probably have to hurt you...
    [​IMG]

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

ok skinny

12. Paul Wright

13. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Dude, you should e-mail a press release with program details to Roadracing World immediately.

14. Paul Wright

It's in the works. Just finished 4 weeks of doing our 2001 catalog about 5 minutes ago, now I can move on to other stuff that requires my attention. RRW is on my list...

15. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

So, TSr...does this mean you will be a cherrypicker now or just taking full advantage of Suzuki contigency?

16. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

BTW Paul, great picture of you in RRW in the Kobe leathers. [​IMG] I was laughing...(sorry)
    Really though, they look like nice leathers. I'll have to check them out... We'll keep a look out for you leathers, but if I get them back there might be a tire mark or two on them!!!!

17. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

The Latter. I don't have the skill or resources required to be the former. [​IMG]

If I just place or show next year, I'll be estatic. You can stay updated on the results page of the TSR website: http://www.tightsqueezeracing.org/Results.htm

[This message has been edited by TSR (edited 01-24-2001).]

18. Why would you ask poor old Steve this question? Are you looking for members to join your husband's cherrypicker gang? I'm sure the wera sportsman L/W national title is at the top of his resume'.I'm sure Steve would not donate his $5000 motorcycle after winning $500 !!! EVERYONE should give TSR a break...enough is enough.

19. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

AHH! Thats the sweetest response I've seen on the BBS! Speaking of ladies undies I think your black lace thong may be in a wad [​IMG] [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by tbuilt (edited 01-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by tbuilt (edited 01-25-2001).]

20. tbuilt

tbuilt Well-Known Member

OOPS! SORRY [​IMG]