1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'18 Ninja 400 suspension advice

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Scook2397, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Scook2397

Scook2397 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Thinking about buying a Ninja 400 for the track. Rode one at Pocono this fall (my GSX-R had an oil leak) and really had a blast.

Researching suspension first but want to try to keep a lid on the $pend.

Found a BITUBO cartridge kit and a K-Tech shock for rea$onable money.

I am intermediate track day rider. I ride only on the track. I am not a racer.

Any thoughts on the BITUBO cart kit and a K-Tech shock for the Ninja 400.

Thanks in advance. Paul

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I would avoid the Bitubo cartridge. Plenty of better options for those legs.

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Gp or ktech for the front.

4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

04459412-99D0-4E94-8DB8-5F300FC93580.jpeg Road and Track in San Antonio! Keith Hertell aka Backbone he knows what he is doing on motorcycle suspension!

backbone likes this.
  5. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

jesus they're up to 400's now? i remember when they were 250's

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

What's your budget? You get what you pay for but if you're not at the pointy end of the grid, you don't need top of the line components. That being said, I would stay away from emulators. The labor to install them is similar to carts and they're a pain to adjust/tune.

7. khill

khill Well-Known Member

FWIW...Just had an experience with one of my clients on his new K400. He purchased an Ohlins shock and carts, (with setup from Ohlins USA) bolted them on out of the box and for his first race weekend at CVMA, he ran within the top 5 in the LW classes he entered and we literally touched nothing on them.

Ken

track wagon likes this.
  8. JBinSD

JBinSD Well-Known Member

I run Andreani cartridges up front, and Ohlins out back, happy with the setup so far, but seem to go through tires waay to fast for a lil bike. . . .