1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 + R6 carbon tank extender (question).

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JTRC51, Apr 3, 2021.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Those of you that have used the SE comp or similar, what are your thoughts? Did it make a positive difference (or negative)? If so, why?

Don't see many 600cc MotoA bikes with them (rules) but the SBK guys like em on the R1.

Just overall curious and interested in one for the R6.

2. 392

392 Well-Known Member

I have them on both of my 19’s (R6).

I had a nasty get off that resulted in a grade 3 separation last year in January. Used the EVS shoulder brace to help me get back on the bike sooner which worked great, but still needed something more under hard braking. Bought this and it worked. Shoulder is good now, but felt the extender added more support for me and felt better in corners with my outside thigh.

if you do get it, add some more double sided tape to make sure it stays down. They have a small layer around the inside, but I always add more.

JTRC51 likes this.
  3. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I put one on my R1 and didn't like it since it stretched me out to much and my right hand would go numb. If your not skinny it is always touching your mid section.

JTRC51 likes this.
  4. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

I have one on my 19 R6. Made a world of difference for me under hard braking. I was constantly sliding forward because I never had a good hold on the tank. I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTRC51 likes this.
  5. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

I didnt even realize they made such a thing. My 2020 R6 seemed to be a pain in the ass to keep from sliding up the seat under hard braking. Hopefully this will help me feel a little more planted to the bike.

6. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

Mine came in yesterday (with two other ones that I didnt pay for) and I mounted it. Nice fit and finish. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

7. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

On the track today with the new tank cover. Highly recommended

8. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

i'm somewhat in between. it does help but it also gets in the way for me during far/extreme lean.

probably because i have short legs/arms so extra space that covers thigh dont allow me to hang off (more) like I like to.

I took them off for now and see if Pros/Cons of having it worth it.

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I had one on my 17 R6 but removed it after a session because I hated being so stretched out